1 year post sct and sore collar bone ?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mulberry 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

lust4life
    Participant

Hi,
    After my sct towards the end of August 2022 I have rebuilt my life and until recently I have felt amazingly normal.
    My paraproteins are too small to quantify and blood work always great.
    Myeloma broke my collar bone, I had lesions in my hip and thigh and back which all healed months after chemo.
    Last Thursday I felt a tenderness in my other collar bone and am now paranoid it’s back.
    I only had bloods done on the Monday which were all good.
    A nurse even checked me over and said she couldn’t feel anything untoward and said if it was something my bloods would have reflected that.
    I am so scared and feel paranoid. Anyone else experienced this please. I need reassurance.
    I’ve also been trialling HRT and due to the hormones I feel so down.
    Not sure if this could be related ? Ty

mulberry
    Participant

I don’t think myeloma patients are being paranoid or hypochondriacal when we worry that pain may indicate return of active myeloma.
    There are 2 types of relapse. Biochemical relapse is the more common, which is identified by blood results, but it’s also possible to have biological relapse, evidenced by CRAB features, most frequently new bone lesions/pain.
    Personally I’ve had scans on 3 occasions during my ‘remission’. My consultant hasn’t made me feel unreasonable wanting them, although nothing myeloma related was found. The final one turned out to be at the point just before blood tests revealed my relapse, so actually it was really useful to have had the scan.
    I wouldn’t feel properly reassured by a nurse saying blood tests are ok therefore you can’t be relapsing. I hope your Dr is as pragmatic as mine and arranges testing.
    We patients HAVE to listen to our bodies.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.