28 days post SCT

This topic contains 33 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Helen
    Participant

Well, I've made it this far, have colitis, and still feel shocking. Every day a little bit better though. Thank you for all the ice cube and baby wipe advice, these were a godsend as the only things I've not had were a sore mouth or tail end!
    Now all I need is some hair and a very long remission.
    Helen

tom
    Participant

Hi Helen

Well done and am plesed you were set up Top and bottom.:-D

Good Luck in your recovery and as for the hair well it will come back shirly temple'ish :-S and as for the long remission I wish you the same as i want for myself (21 months post sct so far and doing great) and some more years of MM free still to come;-) am sure we will do it the same 😎

Love

Tom "Onwards and Uwards" xx

Amelie
    Participant

Congratulations on having finished the sct – I wish you a long and happy remission!

Perkymite
    Participant

Well done Helen,

I am 8 months post SCT. Had mine as a Christmas present from the MHS. I am now fully recovered the last part to rebuild was my Jaw. The right hand rear was very sensitive to hot and cold and I could not chew on it but it is ok now. I have started my exercising again, 3 mile walk now most mornings and I feel, and, apparently, look very fit. My next appointment is on the 29th Sep and that will be 12 weeks since I saw the Consultant, which is the longest I have been without seeing a Doctor/Consultant since Jul 09 when it all started.

I wish you a long and happy remission.

Kindest regards ? vasbyte

David

Min
    Participant

I am very happy for you Helen, 😉 Have a good life. Pleased to have met you for a short while, you have been in my thoughts lately wondering how you were doing, keep up the good work too and make sure they FRH get the feedback we discussed about the day unit and sick people please.
    Love
    Min

Helen
    Participant

Dear Tom, Amelie and David, thank you for your good wishes it's a tough road to take and it is nice to know where there is support and advice whe you need it.

Min, I was so upset to hear from the nurses about Peter, I have thought long about you too. I have made my comments to the powers that be, but am not optimistic. Perhaps when I am a bit better I'll make a bigger fuss.
    Helen

Debs
    Participant

Helen
    Here's to a long remission. I am just over a month post SCT and if it gives you hope, the last two weeks have seen a big improvement in my energy levels. I still need an extra couple of hours sleep a day, and have odd days where I feel terrible and sleep all day, but all in all, those are getting fewer and fewer and there is a light at the end…..
    I hope that you continue to feel better too.
    Debs x

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Helen

Glad to hear you are on the way up post SCT, even if it is a long haul. Good luck with the hair – I can understand what you are saying about that.

Strangly enough, this morning, at an early MacMillan Coffee Morning, I sat next to someone who had had chemo post breast cancer. She had been given an ice cap to wear while being infused and it stopped her loosing her hair. Is this ever considered for MM sufferers? I had never heard of it.

Do take care and make steady progress – here's to a long, long, long remissikon to you and all the other recent post SCT-ers!!!! (Has anyone heard from Jet?)

Love

Mavis x

lorrainey
    Participant

Hi Helen,

Pleased to hear you're on the road to recovery, wishing you a very long and happy remission.

Take care of yourself.

love n hugs Lorraine xxxx

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Helen

congratulations on coming out the other side and feeling well lets hope for a really long remmission
    KEEP WELL
    Love Jo x

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hello Helen

Just read your post, congratulating you on getting through your 28 days post sct, I'm a carer for my hubby kev who is now coming up to post 6 months sct and doing well hair grown back straight! ( was curly b4) but as always kept it short.
    He has had some niggles but getting stronger everyday and getting back doing his gardening, been fishing all day.
    Goes to see the prof: end of the month so hopefully find out he's in remission! So Helen take it one day at a time listen to your body and take plenty of rest and you will get stronger everyday. Take care 🙂

Love liz & kev xx

Helen
    Participant

Hi All thanks very much, it's getting better every day and Debs, you seem to be experiencing the same, I have 2 goodish days then one awful one, even walking upstairs is an effort.
    The hair situation is grim, I've what I can only desrcibe as a 'Mo Mowlam' at the minute, all the wrong length, colour and I hate the wig and the scarves and it's still too hot for a hat! I had fine flat wavy hair before so heaven knows what will grow back, I must be getting better if I'm harping on about hair.
    Helen

tom
    Participant

Hi Helen

You are getting better by the day you might not notice some days:-/ but you are 😀 as for the Hair bit? well just think of me looking like "Mo Mowlam" after my SCT Lol it gave Family and Friends (and I) a good laugh.

Keep up getting stronger 😎

Love

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Helen
    Participant

Ha ha Tom it's the comb over effect that's so weird and the fact that you have to be careful not to have the shower too hot or you burn your head!
    Helen

tom
    Participant

Lol Helen thats been a problem for me for some years now as am sure you can tell by my photo my kids sent me bald lol.

Love
    Tom xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘28 days post SCT’ is closed to new replies.