3 years

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  eve 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

I don’t look on here often. My darling husband died on the 11th of September 2012. He was 57. We both knew he had terminal mm but didn’t expect him to go downhill so quickly. On his last visit to the oncologist he was told he had 2 years left hopefully more. He was dead 4 weeks later. His oncologist was genuinely shocked. As were his chemo nurses.

His oncologist and chemo nurses came to his funeral. They all said that even when Stephen was in pain and knowing he was facing the end, Stephen wanted to know how they were and about their families. The day he died in our local hospice I found his room full of sunflowers. His oncologist had visited, not as a doctor but as a friend. His wife came with him and they brought a huge bunch of sunflowers.

I still don’t sleep well. My doctor gave me a prescription for tablets to help and I have taken them occasionally, but only if I haven’t slept for days. Just to show that’s true I still have the original tablets from when the were first prescribed.

Sometimes it seems he died ages and ages ago at other times it feels like yesterday I still tell him off and will never stop loving him. Gillx

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by  Gill.

Gill
    Participant

p.s picture was taken on holiday. Stephen’s face was so calm but I was giggling because he was pinching my bum!!

Philipandfiona
    Participant

Hi gill
    I remember you when i first started reading this discussion forum earlier in 2012. What a lovely tribute to a lovely man, and how lucky you were to find each other.
    This disease is so awful taking away so many hugely loved people. i hope a cure is found soon.
    with love x
    p.s. what a devil pinching your bum :)))

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Gill

So lovely to hear from you. It is hard to believe it’s been 3 years since Stephen died. I always read your posts and especially about France. One thing has stayed in my memory – the thread was travel insurance – and part of your post was ……. And Stephen said “I’m not going to wake up in the morning with a severe case of Myeloma ”

I can only imagine how you are feeling but wish you all the best. Did you ever go back to France

Lobe Jean
    xxxx

susannah
    Participant

Hi Gill This is the first time ive looked at the site for ages, I often wonder how the rest of you are coping. Its its two and a half years since Michael died like you some days it seems longer than others I to have done things that I never thought I never would .but I always believe Michael is with me. Would be nice to catch up drop me a line
    love
    Sue

Tina
    Participant

Hi Gill,

I too do not look at the site very much these days. My darling husband died in May 2011 and I remenber every last detail of his last few days alive just as if it was last week. Pat is definately looking over my shoulder I can hear him telling me off only too often?
    I always wondered what you were giggling about in your photograph, now I know!!

Take care

Tina XX

eve
    Participant

Hi Gill

Well except for Jean and Fiona we are widows,!!
    And we all know it catches up with us at sometime,we are watching Tom going through his second SCT,and Wendy a SCT from a babies cord,so it must give a lot of hope for people treading in our footsteps.

Gill may I recommend Way Up to you,it’s not for everyone,and it does have a Facebook way up once you ave joined the forum,it’s a private group for widows and widowers,it not only helps with the grieving side but there are meets,plus holidays,it helps to expand your world,it’s not for every one,but you might find it helps pick up the pieces.

I am in France at the moment,the loneliness is still there,it’s just that life goes on,and I choose to do it my way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘3 years’ is closed to new replies.