A Sunny Happy New Year

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  susannah 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Tina
    Participant

Just spent Christmas at my brothers in Cornwall where he got married on Christmas Eve – beautiful. But oh! the wet weather. We walked around St Ives in the pouring rain eating ice-creams – as you do, strolled on the beach at Penzance watching the dogs having fun, watched the windsurfers out in 30 mph winds on Boxing Day and shopped in pretty Falmouth. Today, now at home I have woken up to brilliant sunshine and can't help imagining Patrick out in the garden finding something to build or do, makes me smile just thinking about it.
    My very best wishes to you all for 2013.

Tina XX

tom
    Participant

Hi Tina

I am pleased you had a good time at your Brothers wedding, it's brave picking this time of year for the wedding.
    It's a beautiful place to live/visit. But Ice cream. Brrrrr.
    Keep having god thoughts Tina.

And my best wishes for you this year.

Love Tom xxxxx

eve
    Participant

Hi Tina and Tom,
    Happy New year to you both,this New Year seemed very strange to me,as We were going backwards in time on our journey home from NZ,and a;ways at new year your mind goes back to the last year,and you cannot help but ponder and reflect about the good and bad of the year,and wonder what the future year will hold.

the year 2011 which was bad for us,my thought were it cannot get any worst,but as usual,I was so wrong,we lost Matty,the good was that Slim had remission plus SCT,so again bad and good,plus hospital visits have been reduced to every 2 months.So another plus.
    I find myself looking for the good,in every bad thing that happens,wish i could be like you Tom and just keep looking upwards.

Tina it so lovely to hear you being so positive,although you lost your husband,and so nice you can find enjoyment eating cold ice cream on the beach,I can just see you smiling as you look at your garden and reflect what Patrick would have been doing,if his life had not been cut short,and its good to know you can look back smiling although you have lost him,that must be the good,in such an awful situation .Love Eve

tom
    Participant

Hi Eve
    And a Happy New Year to you and Slim 😀

I know what you mean when you say you look back each new year, I also do that but I also look forward with baited breath and anticipation 😎 but yet again I still worry during every new pain cough/cold and or ache its normal (or so am told) I also try and shove the MM to the back of my brain with a laugh and a BIG smile, I know it will come to me but I dont know when so in the mean time I will be Onwards and Upwards 😀

We can all look Onwards and Upwards through all the difficult times its hard to smile but it is great 😎

Love and Strenth to us all xxx

eve
    Participant

Hi Tom,

With baited breath and anticipation,now I know why you drink vodka,you cannot smell it,( only joking ),it is the reflection time that hurts,that,s why it is so nice that Tina can reflect and enjoy the memory.

This is what is good about this site,people understand what you are going through plus the feelings which do come to the fore,even with remission,I do not think the person with myeloma or the carer ever goes back to being,the person they were before,but everyone expects you to be that person before Myeloma,and me as a person expected to go back.So as you say Tom there is only one way Onward and Upward.

I like your onesie Tom who bought it for you,who ever it was has a great sense of humour.Love Eve

tom
    Participant

Hi Eve
    Yes thats correct you cant smell it lol. ye reflection is hard even for us in remission? but hey ho.

The site is great for old and new members as out treatment changes as some one will have been through it before.

Pleased you like the Onesie my youngest Son bought it for me as a christmas Pressie 😀 and yes he likes a laugh 😎

Love tom xxx

susannah
    Participant

Hi Tina just read your post,how lucky is your brother living in Cornwall. Michael and I spent our last "normal" week away last June in Falmouth, we both loved it so much. I am so pleased you had a lovely time
    Happy New Year
    love
    Suex

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘A Sunny Happy New Year’ is closed to new replies.