After SCT

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cygnet 8 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

valgrebezs
    Participant

Hi lovely people with a fighting spirit.  This is from Val ad I didn’t get even one reply about travel insurance, oh well, I found my own.

Peter had SCT in early December, was declared in remission in Feb, hair growing back etc. during his 16 months of treatment radotherapy 6 sessions and 12 months of chemo he also had Pneumonia once and a very bad chest infection then another bad chest infection after SCT.  so men being men! went off for a business meeting to Dubai ( I work for BA so tkts are cheap) he left on 31 March and returned on 03 april with a bad cough.  Guess what? taken to hospital and now still there with Pneumonia. I feel so completely frustrated as we have lots going on at present i.e. selling our house and moving and other things. I am having hardly any sleep, I just want him better and if he tries to do too much too soon in future I will be furious. We have a new puppy who can’t be left yet for hours on end. Anyone had similar experiences? he has another appointment at theb Royal Marsden in London, but guess what, it’s Saturday today when no-one is working so I can’t even cancel it. Just need some sleep and a relief from this awful disease. love Val xx

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hi Val

It seems to be very easy to pick up bugs after having treatment for myeloma, presume that the immune system takes a bashing. Once you have a bug then it takes a long time to clear. People say that planes are a good place to catch these bugs and infections, particularly on long flights – don’t know if it is true or just rumour. Hope things improve soon.

David

annlynn
    Participant

sorry your feeling so rotten val but you need to relax and stop getting so wound up about it all it is a awfull frustrating illness but we cant change it we have to learn to live well with it . We all have lotts going on in our lives but we learn to put things in order of importants i like yourself have my house up for sale and its a double edged sword i need to sell and be in a. smaller house but things are slow .since my transplant august 2014 ive had to learn to relax about the little things that go on your husband will come through this bad bout of pneumonia try to not worry but do take time out for yourself its important xx bestwishes. annlynne

cygnet
    Participant

Hi Val
    Sorry to hear you and Peter are having such a tough time of it. I think it is sometimes harder for “the other half” than the patient…..
    You sound exhausted. I think you need to make yourself the priority while Peter is in safe hands in hospital & try & get some sleep. Once you have done that you will find everything else feels less overwhelming. I’m not an advocate of sleeping tablets etc but if you try everything else & it doesn’t work, then maybe a short course will help you.Accept all & any help you are offered & then hopefully you will be in a better place to move forward when Peter comes home.
    Sending love & hugs,
    C xx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘After SCT’ is closed to new replies.