Alive and gigging….

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  KWilson 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

PhilKelly
    Participant

Relapsed in October after 4 years post SCT remission, but thought 'Myeloma my Ar*e, got the band back together, rehearsed on the steroid highs and set up our biggest gig ever….

Here is a nice vid of a special night (huge thanks to Don at Sweet Pictures…. If anyone needs a video shooting look no further!)

http://www.musicinoxford.co.uk/2011/01/11/trophy-cabinet-at-o2-academy-111210/comment-page-1/#comment-7480

It aint over til the fat bass player stops twanging!

brocho
    Participant

Hi Phil I have the feeling nothing will stop you and certainly not mm!!Keep on twanging and giggling but dont forget to giggle too love Bridgetx

Perkymite
    Participant

You are a real inspiration of what a person can achieve if he wants to get off his a*se and "just do it". Great. Now where did I put my penny whistle?

Kindest regards

David

Gaye
    Participant

Oh no. I can feel a resurrection of the greenhouse, wine making and cucumbers only this time with a band in it ………!

Gaye x

Perkymite
    Participant

you are a ahead of me again Gaye 😉 David

brocho
    Participant

The band would have to called The Rocking Cucumbers !Teehee can just see the headlines now brilliant!!

PhilKelly
    Participant

…weddings, bar mitzvahs and acoustic greenhouse openings all considered! Especially if home made wine on offer. I rediscovered my stash of 15 year old home made port at Christmas…an absolute revelation! it was undrinkable about 6 years ago!

comfortablynumb
    Participant

I did the same. Lost a great job with The Zen Relics http://www.thezenrelics.com, but now working with two bands in order to be gigging again. Oh, and I just bought two new guitars…you only live once.

PhilKelly
    Participant

Great to hear….. You just gotta go for it….. The amount of cash I have spent on new amps etc is a closely guarded secret!

tom
    Participant

Way to go you two 😎

Looks like I will have to extend the Greenhouse lol

One Cucumber chewing,vodka swilling and greenhous sitting Tom (oh and Onwards and Upwards) 😎

zasrs
    Participant

I have quite a new garden shed could i have a an acoustic opening as well? Not to good on the home made wine, local harveys beer is excellent! Cucumbers next door in the greenhouse ,could try to ferment them have a feeling they could be pretty awful!! Could make potingine (spelling) lots of potateos in the garden:-D

Sarah

brocho
    Participant

Haha Srah you have just brought back some memories for me !! I used to work in a factory years ago with a lady whose dad made home-made wine from the veg on his allotment To be honest some of it was awful , potato and carrot peelings yuk!! Pocheen was a good one though and there were a few nights no work got done because we were a little tipsy to say the least!! I look forward to my unvite to the shed opening love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

And am with Bridget for this Grand Opening of the "Acoustic Shed" and am sure it will be a sell out he he.

I also remember our home brew shed 😀 the wine was OK but the beer was an Acquired taste ha ha, once tried to make Cider? all my bottles blew up :-/

Shed stunk of Cider for weeks ha ha.8-)

Love Tom xx

zasrs
    Participant

my mother made elderflower champagne once all the bottles blew up one night in the kitchen it was a revolting mess, my mother was teetotal, never did understand what she was up too!!

Bridget please could i ask you to cut the red ribbon on my shed opening? I promise proper champage + Harveys + hopefully fantastic acoustic music, i promise not to sing too painful for all the revllers!

All are invited!!

best wishes

sarah

Gaye
    Participant

See what you started Phil! By the way when you had your last Bone Marrow Biopsy can we asume it was WITH anaesthetic or was it a re-run of the Benny Hill opening shots! Come on, own up!

Love, Gaye xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Alive and gigging….’ is closed to new replies.