Allopurinol allergy

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kaychappers 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

peggy
    Participant

It's been a long time since I've posted so here goes. I'm feeling perky now but I spent over three weeks of the summer holiday in hospital. I came up with a livid rash, just generally felt VERY tired but wouldn't at the time have said that I felt unwell. The rash prompted me to phone the hospital , was advised to take my temperature and found that it was significantly raised.

When I got to hospital I was kept waiting for ages to be seen, got tireder and colder and shiveryer. When I was eventually seen I was put on the acute medical ward with acute blood septicaemia I think. Was pumped full of antibiotics and then seemed to react against these: I swelled up all over and my throat and my skin started peeling off.

Took me three weeks to recover. For the first week I couldn't even walk as my legs/feet had swollen so much. I was on oxygen for three weeks as my SATs were so

eve
    Participant

Hi Peggy
    just noticed your unfinished post,not that i can help you with side effect as Slim has very little,but can offer you some sympathy as its not very nice when these things are happening,
    hope thing are a little bit better Eve

kaychappers
    Participant

Hi Peggy so sorry to hear about what has happened and I sincerely hope that you are on the mend. I also had an allergy to allopurinol and ended up in hospital with the rash from neck to toes and shivery. They pumped antibiotics into me and sent me home with lots of antibiotics which thankfully cleared it up. My best wishes to you.
    Kay x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Allopurinol allergy’ is closed to new replies.