Another Club Member!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Michele 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Michele
    Participant

Hello Everyone.

I thought it about time that I joined the forum having been reading discussions on it for some time now and feel I know many of you already.

In a nutshell, my name is Michele and I was diagnosed with MM in May 2011 aged 49. After the initial shock and realization that I wasn't going to peg out any time soon, my husband and I decided that the best way to be was positive. I had CTD from June to November 2011 and a STC in February 2012 at Poole Hospital's Durlston ward under the care of Dr. Rebecca Maddams.

6 months on, I'm pleased to say that all the treatment seems to have been worthwhile and I'm back on my feet again enjoying the summer and have a trendy new hairdo!

I hope that I'll now be able to chip in now and again helping and encouraging others as well as being helped and encouraged by you.

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Michele

Welcome to the Forum! Your experieinces will be valuable to others. Thank you for being willing to share.

I'm glad that your treatment has been successful. I do hope that this period of remission will be a very long one. As you say, it takes a while to realise, that a diagnosis of Myeloma isn't an instant death threat. I am amazed at how fast treatment options are increasing and I find reading other folk's experiences very helpful.

All best wishes.

Mavis

tom
    Participant

Hi Michele

A warm welcome to your Forum.

And you have been through it all and on your own well done. and you and hubby are correct positivity is best (well it is for me).
    Good Luck and may your remission be a long one 🙂

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Elizellen
    Participant

Welcome to the family, Michele!

I have had my treatments across town in Bournemouth Hospital, though I did have one Radiotherapy session at Poole in the first few months – between CDT and my SCT.

I am about 18 months in front of you, as I had my stem cells returned on 28 August 2010.

I am glad all went well and you are now back on your feet!

Love
    Eliz
    XX
    X

andyg
    Participant

Hi Michele.
    Welcome to the forum that we'd all rather we had never heard of.
    It's good you have come through your treatment well. As you'll know by now nearly everyone ones journey with MM is different so the more contributors we have the better the MM journeys are covered.
    I look forward to reading your posts as you enjoy your long and healthy remission.

Take care
    All the best
    Andy x

Perkymite
    Participant

Welcome Michele.

Your good news is good to hear and being positive is definitely the right attitude. Since my diagnosis in Jul 2009 my wife and I have taken the absolute maximum out of every hour, it sounds as if you are doing the same.

I look forward to hearing more from you. Got to go I am helping sorting out all the "Junk" we have stored in the loft over the years! The word "Junk" is my word not the wife's by the way – 😀

Kindest regards ? vasbyte

David

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Michele
    and welcome it is marvellous to hear good news i am sure you will be a great help to others

Keep well Jo

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Michelle and welcome. There are a great bunch of people here. It is great to hear your news. My husband is on his 3rd cycle of CDT and the going for SCT if all goes well. So I will be welcoming any advice when Frank gets that far.

Best wishes
    Jean x

Michele
    Participant

Thankyou all for such a lovely welcome.

I look forward to participating!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Another Club Member!’ is closed to new replies.