ANOTHER SCT JOURNEY ABOUT TO START

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Ali 11 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

scott9
    Participant

I just thought I'd add my tuppenceworth re the SCT procedure. Like one or two others right now, I was told last week that it would be a good idea for me to go through the wringer – sorry, the process. I am seriously not looking forward to it, but I guess needs must. I start the harvesting process on bank holiday Monday 6 May with a trip to the hospital for a chemo infusion. The a few GCSK injections then on 15 May off to Kings to be hooked up to the dialysis style machine for 5 hours or so and I'm booked again for the Friday just in case another collection is required. This is the easy bit I suppose.

Keep fighting all.

Scott

tonyf
    Participant

Good luck with your SCT, the worst part about the harvest is having to lay still for 5 hours! As for the rest of the journey I am sure that you will take it in your stride, all of us react in a different way to the treatment, but you know the unpleasantness only lasts for a short while and hopefully the outcome is worth while and it leads to a long remission. Good luck keep us posted with your progress.
    Regards Tony F

Vicki
    Participant

Good luck with the harvest and sct Scott. Have you had a sct before or your first go? We hope you will sail through it….no pain no gain 🙂 easy for me to say.

All the best

Colin and Vicki xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Scott

Well a good luck from iccle ole me on this road to remission 😀
    It is a bit of a "Wringer" type of treatment BUT I have to say its well worth it on this road you have been forced onto, this is now your road to remission and I for one wish you well, I went through it in December 09 and I sit her in remission and drug free so I can say "It Works" 😎

All the best with it Scott

Tom Onwards and Upwards x

scott9
    Participant

Hi Colin and Vicki

No I chose maintenance when I was cleared up first time round but it only kept the cancer at bay for 11 months and then the readings went upwards again. I'm feeling in a better frame of mind for it now so I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Thanks also to Tony and Tom for the support.

All the best

Scott

Helen
    Participant

Dear Scott
    I'm hoping you get good results from SCT, will keep my fingers crossed that all goes really well for you.
    Love Helen

BADGER
    Participant

hi Scott
    well a new journey begins i am keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything goes well you are braver than me I do hope your kidneys come though ok but you have to take the risk as the chemo wasnt working for you
    at the end of the day we have to do what it takes:-P
    Love Jo x

adamsp41
    Participant

Hi Scott…good luck with your SCT…everyone reacts differently (as you will know)to the process and some have a bumpy ride and some not so bumpy…stay positive and as Jo says it is doable…hope your collection goes smooth…my collection was 3 days at 5hrs plus a day ( little buggers didn't want to leave :-)stay safe…Phil

Jacquie
    Participant

Hi Scott

Just want to wish you good luck with the harvest.

regards

Jacquie & Geoff 🙂

scott9
    Participant

Many thanks all for the messages of support. My goodness I really hope the harvesting will be done in one day. But I guess if it takes another day or so then it has to be done. I was told it's not easy to read so maybe I will be able to look at my ipad instead.

Cheers

Scott

jmsmyth
    Participant

Good luck Scott. Hope you get a long remission

Jean x

Ali
    Participant

Hi Scott.

My Mum got 8 million or so cells in the one sitting, enough for 2 transplants.

Good luck with it all 🙂

Love,Ali x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ANOTHER SCT JOURNEY ABOUT TO START’ is closed to new replies.