Any advise about organizing a fundraising event….

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gina45 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

keznmel
    Participant

Hiya – I am in the process of organizing a Myeloma charity event in February 2013 and so far have got some very generous local dance acts and performers donating their time. I am wanting to do a raffle or an auction and want to approach local retail outlets and supermarkets for their support with donating prizes.

Has anyone else had any experience in doing this? I'm unsure how to sell it to them in 'the' correct way…if you know what I mean. I have been in touch with Myeloma UK who have sent me a fundraising pack but I still feel like I need some suggestions.

Any would be really appreciated….Best wishes to you all.

Thanks Kerry x x x

tom
    Participant

Hi Kerry

Good Luck on that and I dont envy you doing it as am told its a lot of hard work that takes up any spare and unspare time that you have/dont have? i dont want to put you off by the way.

But we have had a few on here that are and have done things for Myeloma Uk and its worked and will for those that are still being done be a great event every one of them.

Good Luck with it.
    Hope your all doing good.

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

keznmel
    Participant

Hi Tom

I have another person helping me with it all so I'm not totally on my own. Although I complain for being stressed at the moment, I feel like I need to inject all of my frustrations and emotions into something productive…if you understand what I'm saying. I may regret it, it may exhaust me but I feel I need something to focus on other than all the other stuff that's going on.

How are you today Tom? I hope you and 'your young bride' are well.

Best wishes Kerry x

Steveg
    Participant

Morning Kerry,
    I organised several events last year with the help of friends. so far we have raised over £15000.
    Similar to your planned event we ran a ball in March this year. It is featured in the Fundraising success stories on this site on the following link.. http://www.myeloma.org.uk/get-involved/fundraising/fundraising-toolkit/success-stories/delivering-a-fundraising-ball/

It includes some tips and advice.
    The event included a band, an entertainer, raffle, games, & auction. We raised just over £8500

I have got lots of templates of letters,prize lists, posters, flyers etc if you want them. Just contact me for details.

Steve

gina45
    Participant

Hi Kerry My sister and I are doing a coffee morning/raffle/tombola on the 1st of December, my sister has booke the etherow lounge in the town hall in Ashton under Lyne. We are trying to make it bigger this year as it will be a year since mum passed. We have got lots of little prizes,the stuff for the drinks and people making cakes etc.
    But my sister has got a letter from Myeloma UK which she carries with her,it verifies that we can ask for prizes from different companies.
    Yesterday we got a bouquet of flowers from michael halls florist, a voucher from a nail shop for £20, we are promised something from a cafe in town and also the body shop are coming to give free hand massages etc for us.
    We just approached them and showed them the letter and we asked if they could help by donating anything.
    You normally find the big businesses are hard to get from as you have to get in touch with people in charge. But if you go round your town to the small shops,florists,cake shops etc, then you will get something.
    Good luck with your event.
    Gina x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any advise about organizing a fundraising event….’ is closed to new replies.