Baloon Kyphoplasty

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Min
    Participant

Collected Peter from the hospital this evening where he was having T6 and T12 fixed with Baloon Kyphoplasty. Been delayed for over 9 months, due to relapses and DVTs. This is his second BK and now has 4 vertibra filled with cement.
    He had a letter to tell him to attend at 11am and ring ahead to check there was a bed.
    Peter was awake from 5-30am I rang the hospital at what I thought was a 'decent' hour of 7-30am to check there was a bed to be told we should have been there for 7-30am OOps
    Mad dash and high blood pressure but made it in under an hour, for him to sit in a chair until 1-45pm before they wheeled his bed to theatre.
    I had to tell him to ask for a drip to be set up as he was nil by mouth all day Have to say this is not his usual hospital) but the anesthatist did exactly what was needed without any questioning
    Hope Monday and his 2nd SCT is not quite so stressful, and I get my breakfast.
    Relieved today is over
    Min

lorrainey
    Participant

Hi Min,
    Sorry you've had a stressful day, I hope you've been able to put your feet up this evening. I hope Peter is comfortable and wish him a speedy recovery.
    Take care of yourself Min, and of course Peter 😉 I hope you have an easier day tomorrow.
    love n hugs Lorraine xxx

Helen
    Participant

Hi Min
    Let me know I'll bring sandwiches!
    Helen

eve
    Participant

Hi Min
    Glad to see you have posted at last was worrying,as all your posting was about other people and not how Peter and you were.:-)I hope it all works out for you on Monday,and Peter starts to feel better,now his back has been fixed

We need some good news on this site,so keeping fingers crossed that Peter is the turning point!!!,will be thinking about you come Monday,best wishers Eve

Min
    Participant

Nice one Helen, Mine will be bacon and tomato! See u monday
    Peter is sore but sleeping, Im off to the shops for some treats.
    Min

BADGER
    Participant

hi Min

glad Peter got his back fixed lets hope it helps to keep him free of pain
    I will be thinking of you both on monday hope all goes well so you both can get on with life again GOOD LUCK Peter:-)

Regards Jo

susannah
    Participant

Hi So pleased to hear Peter is doing ok. How are you? I think every hospital should have a bed for cares, after my experience with hospital this week, a couple of hours to destress, have a sandwich cup of tea (or whatever)and a nap. Then we would be refreshed to start all over again!

Good luck for Monday
    Suex

Helen
    Participant

Hello Min
    I know you were coming in, did it all go well, I'm in too waiting for stem cells later today
    Helen

Min
    Participant

Hi Helen
    He is in 33, gets his stem cells back at about 9-30am should be going home by 11 ! my daughter and he have both asked for him to stay in but he is in a 4 man room with emergency leukemia admisssions so it is probably safer for him to be at home. Not at all happy about having to return to 36 for bloods as there are often a lot of sick people there so watch this space as I may get angry.
    Hope you doing ok and the new sick medication worked well for you.
    Min

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Min

All the best to Peter.

Interesting what you say about "I might get angry"! There have been a couple of ionteresting blogs on the American Site "Myeloma Beacon" about the experieinces of hospitals and how we do have to be the people who are alert to the risks.. Maybe Peter would be better off at home if they can't give him a room on his own post SCT, which is what he should have.

The Blogs also said how important it is to have someone looking out for you. Thank goodness you can do that for Peter – like about the drip.

All best wishes for these next difficult weeks for both of you. Hang in there both of you – it will be worth it!!!

Mavis

brocho
    Participant

Hi Min I hope everything is going ok so far How disappointing that they dont have an isolation room for Peter , I would have thought that was the highest priority for sct patients I agree with Mavis its a good job Peter has you to watch out for him , but it saddens me that you should have that extra burden at a time when all you want is to help Peter get better love Bridget x

Helen
    Participant

If you are still around I'm in 34- no beds on 33

Min
    Participant

Hi Helen
    Picked him up as 1-30pm he has been asleep in bed since, having had no sleep in there so dont expect him to apear much before am tommorow. Back on Friday for bloods and GCSF at 36 and again on Sunday to ward 33 so if you still in then will call on you.Hope its going well.
    Min

eve
    Participant

Hi Min
    Just here to send you good wishers,Eve

Helen
    Participant

Hi min
    I'm out back Friday and Sunday too tired to do anything now
    Helen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Baloon Kyphoplasty’ is closed to new replies.