Banks!! Why do we have them

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Pilgrim 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

zasrs
    Participant

Hi All
    As several of you have said having myeloma does give all time to put into place nasty things like wills etc. Gordon in 2007 made our son a partner in the farm, all three of us could sign cheques which ment the farm accout could keep going when gordon was no longer here. All good plans do not take into account that banks are usless they could not run a p… up in a brewery!! The partnership account never, unknown to us never had the paper work completed, which has now come to light and all our business cheques are coming bouncing back very very distresing, and my sons signature is not recognised, although he has been writing cheques for years!! A word of advice, check everything 10 times over, our so called proffessional people are completly usless, they need a bomb up the bottoms, i for one will fight to not pay bank charges for a year!
    Happy christmas!!
    Sarah xx

tom
    Participant

Banks/Solicitors oh please dont start me 🙂

Yes Sarah its a bit of a bugger when you think all is in place to make things easier for when we need things to run smooth for some plonka to let it all fail makes me boil.

Pay nowt to them for more than the year for charges.

Love Tom xxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Sarah it never ceases to amaze me how bloody useless banks are! You must be furious after doing all the right things they have left you in the lurch Ithink I would push for compensation as they are potentially damaging the good name and reputation of your business Mind you come christmas eve say bugger the lot of them and forget about them over christmas as you and your lovely family have better things to do Have you got a house full yet? It must be such a comfort for you having them all together, even if you might need earplugs at times!! My girls always stay on christmas eve with my eldest grandson, all three like things to be exactly the same It is like time disappears and they are little again This year the youngest has promised not to roll in at 5 am though hmmm wont hold my breath on that one !! love Bridget x

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Bridget
    We all go to the carol service and sing at the top of our voices with loads of children who all seem to be singing something different! Wonderful! Gordon always hated churches so never came, so some thing will be the same. yes the house will be full, they gave up on the 5am when they started to come back from the pub in the early hours and could not get up!
    Happy christmas to you and your family
    Sarah xx

Min
    Participant

Oh Sarah
    Dont these people just know how much distress they are causing. I would be asking them why they accepted the cheques that have already cleared over the years.
    Cant imagine how your going to get out of this but i imagine its going to need a solicitor and more unnecessary expense.
    When i used to work, I could have belonged to a union to help me out but only in relation to work matters. I used to pay a fortune each month for someone to go on a jolly at my expense, then when i was made redundant about 17 yrs ago they were neither use nor ornament.
    I therefore took out legal insurance with my home insurance policy, does not cost a fortune but they are there if I need them. Without the worry about what it may cost me.
    I would urge anyone to look into it as its a very useful add on.
    I do hope that you can rattle some cages at the bank and if not do what a farmer did up here
    He got his muck spreader and used it on the walls and windows of the bank to get there attention.. all that cow pooh imagine the impact it had on them ? hee hee
    Hit the headlines too. .
    It would perhaps go some way to letting your creditors know how useless the bank is.
    and and and Name and Shame them,
    Love MIn

eve
    Participant

Hi Sarah
    Banks are there just to squeeze as much money out of you as they can.!!!!

If its any help in the future Sarah,we had an awful lot of problems with Slims mum,s banks,and had to go to the court of protection which in it,s self is a robbing legal organisation,but because of the problems we had,we decided that we had to make plans if anything should happen to one or both of us wills are not enough.
    We gave each other the power of attorney plus one of my daughters if any thing should befall both of us,that piece of paper seems to be the only thing that banks consider,so it,s worth looking into for the future.It does not cost very much and should make things run smoothly. love Eve

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Eve
    Yes bamks a thieving lying toe rags!Gordon made the farm business account a partnership with our son which ment that the account carries on after death as there is a partner, Marks name is on the cheques and has been for 5 years he has been signing cheques, the problem is the bank did not complete the paperwork! I am so fed up with ' I can only apologise!' Morons!

Happy Christmas

Sarah

Min
    Participant

Whilst your angry let it simmer under a hot fire of anger then get in there and insist on all the money he signed cheque on being put back in the account. That will make them sit up then go to the financial ombudsman and get them to get you compensation for the additional distress.
    On a lighter and more seasonal note merry Christmas
    Love
    Min

Pilgrim
    Participant

Guess what I used to be before I retired due to ill health ?

Don't panic, I was never sympathetic to many things they did.

I must give a 'health warning' to any advice I give but there is in English Law a principle of "Estoppel' and in banking exams the usual example is that if you were to allow a friend or family member to forge a signature on your account, you would be 'estopped' at a later date from refuting liability of any subsequent forgeries. In other words, if you allow something to happen, it can be construed as authority alone, without documentary evidence that it is permitted.

Don't take this as legal advice, but banks get worried by customers who use their own banking terms against them, and the Financial Services Ombudsman are most likely to find in your favour. As taking your complaint to the FOS costs you nothing, and the bank a fee and costs, the mere threat should be enough to make them reasonable and do the decent thing.

I've taken a bank to the FOS and won, so any dimwit can do it.

You also have to wonder why they didn't ring you when the first cheques appeared instead of just bouncing them ? If they thought that the person didn't have authority then surely you'd expect them to notify you.

Oh for the good old days of banking.

eve
    Participant

Hi Pilgrim
    I would agree completly about banks,many many years ago,I was desperate,saw my female bank manager who had so much faith in me,these days its computers or the legal department full of kids out of uni who decide you fate.God Help US.

Its just having the energy to fight the battle,when you have enough to worry about without banks trying to take advantage of you.I was so angry with one bank manager I told him to stick it were the sun does not shine,As you can imagine I am no longer a valued customer!!! LOL:-)Eve

Pilgrim
    Participant

To be quite honest the banks favoured replacing mature and ethical staff with 'spivs' whose only purpose was to sell 'product'.

When I took a bank to the FOS it was because a bank sold investments to my mother, who like many elderly people is very trusting – big mistake.

The FOS is a very good body ti use in any banking dispute and it creates a lot of work, expense and trouble for a bank. It doesn't cost you anything to use but the bank has to pay a fee – and that's just for starters.

I may not be able to wrestle a lion, but if it took me on in a battle of bureaucracy, I could reduce it to tears.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Banks!! Why do we have them’ is closed to new replies.