BLOOD PRESSURE

This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  eve 12 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Can anyone help,Slim ended up in hospital yesterday.

Hypotension,feeling rough all last week,thought he would pick up on dex but did not.bp low is this normal,maybe drug combination !!! Fluid intake reduced ended up on drip.made a lot of difference .
    As never feeling sick does not take Cyclizine tablets,but complains of feeling full Hence small amounts of food and water.:'-(. Will not take tablets to see if this helps clear away feeling full,anybody help does it.??
    At my wits end,will not co operate,looked for tablets this morning,cannot find them,Wish there was asound prove room I could go and scream in>:-(
    I would be grateful for some help on this one,hospital not worried about bp,just told to keep fluids up,no fever but burning up.

BADGER
    Participant

hi Eve

Sorry he has not been to well I know men are difficult mine is he would be terrible if he gets any thing wrong with him my blood pressure did not go low in fact its the reverse mainly due to the kidney failure we cannot win can we hope he feels better soon
    Love Jo :-S

eve
    Participant

thanks Jo
    Have managed to get rehydration powders and some energy drinks which I am mixing with drinks,that he likes.Also find straw is helping ,every 10 min I make him have a few sips,seems to be working,plus the threat of hospital,
    First time Slim has not got out of bed,

Thanks again jo,it brings it home how this mm reacts so different on people

BADGER
    Participant

hi Eve

Men are so bl**dy difficult you must be out of your mind worrying dont they know its for there own good
    Hope you have a better day tomorrow

Love Jo 😎

Min
    Participant

Hi Eve.
    Don't they just drive you mad with worry with there attitude to illness.
    I buy fizzy water, flavoured still water and 7up. The 7 up is supposedly approved as being full of beneficial salts. Don't know how true that is but, Peter was up all night with a sort of bug. Difficult to know if its a sickness and trots or just the normal start of a new cycle of drugs which brings this on. I have noticed that when he finishes the 4days of dex he gets sickness and diarrhoea it goes after a few days but it always creeps up and knocks the stuffing out of him. Fizzy plain water and still flavoured water, plus 7 up normally help to keep him hydrated because of his kidney damage.
    Be careful with the energy drinks as they have so much stuff in them to give you energy when all he needs is to rest in reality. You know its all about liquids there are a variety of flavoured tea's that you only need to put in hot water and the flavours are enormous you can let them go cold too. It just makes a change from plain old water.
    I am sure he will learn that its best to do as he is told or end up in hospital. Not a pleasant place unless your really ill. He has to show the medical staff he is able to follow instructions too or the possibility of a transplant could be compromised.
    I hope the rest of the holiday is better for you both
    Min

eve
    Participant

Thanks Min
    Will try 7up,,does not like flavoured water,a little bit better today although still not eating drinking small amounts.

Hospital tomorrow for bloods,the unit will open tomorrow,so I am going to ring first thing,see if doctor will see him,needs fluids inside him.
    not so confused today,energy levels zero.
    The problem with him,is he has never been ill before,and does not know much in terms of how illness feels,I know when he says he is in pain,he must have had it a few days,and its got to the stage he cannot hide it any more.
    24 years in the marines[alittle bit of pain never hurt anybody] and [no pain no gain] brain washed with it.

Thanks for support and help. eve

eve
    Participant

Hi
    thought you all might like to know,low blood pressure,indication of infection,it was not picked up on at a&e on Saturday,as dexi managed to hide the infection.Sent home what happened to this extra care for taking part in trials !!!!IF I had not phoned for ambulance Slim I dread to think what position we would be in,I would never have forgiven myself if i had not phoned that ambulance,I believed on Saturday,that I was making a fuss,although I had doctor out,plus I new he was fading before my eyes.

Slim in hospital itu.holding his own.admitted on Monday.He will come through this,and now I am a wiser women,next time I will act on my believes,and no so called expert will tell me he is fine ignore the bp and get his fluids up,thats what i was told in a&e.
    From now on,I will act on my instincts :-S
    On my way to bed.toget some rest eve

Gill
    Participant

So pleased that they seem to have got Slim's problem into touch. Let us know how it goes Gill xxx

Elizellen
    Participant

I am so glad to hear you persevered and called 999!

sometimes we just have to believe in our gut instincts.

My husband is prone to developing pneumonia after a cold so I have been known to exaggerate his symptoms to the duty doctor in the night if it looks as if he is heading that way in the past as I know in a few hours he will need hospitalisation and gets over it quicker if they can get him in before he is literally out of his mind.

I always feel it is better for both us MMers and our "other half" to be under the care of medical staff if all is not well, rather than be at home with an untrained nurse (me) in charge!

I hope they are able to stabalise Slim's condition.

Elizabeth
    XX
    X

eve
    Participant

Thank you every one for all your Help

Had a tough week and a big learning curve,we got married on 26th of April instead of 28.th The hospital did us proud,cannot thank them enough,good job we did it then as Slim was a bit off his head the next day,and I am sure the Registrar would have said he was not of a sound mind.
    Only managed one daughter there but it was about us,and Slim seemed less agitated knowing he had made an honest woman of me:-P
    He is out of the woods now but still in itu.Think it is going to take sometime to recover,All chemo stopped will see how this goes in future.
    Hope you all had a nice easter,and Perkymite keep going on ward,live for the day,my love to you all eve

brocho
    Participant

Dear Eve congratulations to you on your marriage and to Slim for turning a corner!! I hope he makes it out of itu soon . As you say it will take time to get his strength back and he will need that if he restarts chemo . How are you? You must be exhausted I hope someone is giving you some tlc even if its only a nice cuppa when you need it. Onwards and upwards give Slim my best wishes love Bridget x

zasrs
    Participant

Dear Eve

Congrats on becoming a wedded/honest lady:-) . So sorry to read of your very difficult time, men who would have them? I try to go with my gut feeling now, I think us 'other halfs' really get to know when something is not right I have ignorged gordon more than once and i am usually right, gordon now trusts me, i hope slim will do the same with you.I hope slim continues to make a full recovery.

best wishes Sarah

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Eve

A big congrats from me. I was thinking about you on 28th as was Franks bithday – and there you were an "old married woman". (less of the old I can hear you say). I am so glad to read that Slim is feeling a little better. I have been following your posts but could ffer no help. My very best to you both and hope that Slim goes from strength t strength.

Love Jean xx

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Eve

CONGRATULATIONS lets hope you can have a small party or even a big one once Slim is up and about fingers crossed it sounds as if he is over the worst good job you sent for an ambulance to bad if he moansed he will have to agree now you did the right thing:-S

Lots of love Jo 😎

Min
    Participant

Hi Eve
    How is married life now your an old married woman?
    I do hope slim is on the mend and out of the 'deep water'. I cant imagine how you have been able to deal with his recent hospital stay.
    I am just hoping you too are ok. Its so stressful when your loved ones laid up in hospital, Im sure he is in good hands and or on his way home soon. Please let us know how you are both doing and sending my best to you both.
    Regards Min

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘BLOOD PRESSURE’ is closed to new replies.