GCSF

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  zasrs 13 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

zasrs
    Participant

Hi All

Hope you are all enjoying ttis wonderful weather, speaking as a farmers wife we could do with just a little shower of rain now and then!

Gordon is on GCSF every third day to stimulate the bone marrow, he is 3 month post 2nd sct, my question, is anyone else on GCSF at present? If so is anyone experencing the pain Gordon has as a side effect for 24 hours after?. He takes tramadol which helps, he had a bad day testerday with pain, not so bad today, moving cattle onto pevensey marsh today so his mind is on other matters which helps.

Take care one and all:-D

Sarah

brocho
    Participant

Hi Sarah I am on weekly GSF to boostr my neutrophils whilst on Rev . I do occasionally get pain but for the most part its not a problem Hope Frank doesnt have to put up with it for too long . Is there something else he could have or perhaps a lower dose love Bridget x

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Sarah, When I took GCSF prior to my STC I got a lot of bone pain, in my chest and lower back. I applied a hot water bottle and it helped a lot.

Kindest regards

David

Min
    Participant

Hi Sarah
    I have strong memories of administering Peter GCSf before his harvest, ugh it was awful ; and he had dreadful bone pain and back pain in particular, then of course he blamed me for giving it to him. He is now on daily heparin injections for the rest of his life following pulmonary embolisms from velcade. I refuse to do them when he whinsed and bled so he does his own now. Lucky Gordon having a nurse on hand.
    How is retirement going?
    I am now officially a Carer as the job centre recommended it rather than job seekers allowance. Does that mean I have government approval to nag?
    love from the north bathed in sea fret. Cant see the sun for it.
    Min

zasrs
    Participant

Hi min

Poor peter having daily heparin is it not possible for him have warfarin instead? maybe due to mm this is not possible.I am enjoying not going to work now have time to have the grandchildren more often! How do you apply to become a carer and have gov.aproval to nag!

Sorrry you cannot see the sun, I do hope it shines for you both over easter.

with love sarah xx

Min
    Participant

Hi Sarah,
    He had developed DVTs as a result of velcade in both legs and they went off into his lungs where they said there was so many clots in his lungs there were too many to count. Revlamid is a drug your on potentially and hopefully for ever. Thrombosis is one of the side effects so as long as he is on it he will be on heparin. 6months of a high dose then prophylactic small dose. He has been on warfarin in the past but hated the side effects and additional hospital visits to keep it under control. He drives me mad but hey at least he is still here to drive me mad! He is on top disability allowance and because I worked full time I could not claim it before.
    Fog horn blasting out all evening and afternoon…..Bliss!
    love min

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Min

Hope your ears are not deafened by the fog horn, move south, the weather is beautiful, at least you will not get sun stroke:-)

thanks for explaining about the heparin, this mm is so different for everyone, will the boffs ever get on top of it!

keep well happy easter to you and family

sarah xx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘GCSF’ is closed to new replies.