Bloods for 3 monthly clinic, what if????

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kazzam2 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi all,
    just been for my bloods prior to my 3 month check and Zometta on Thursday, just to share the feeling of dread and what if’s. Yesterday was 19th months since SCT, I am well (apart from ongoing back pain, and a sore on back that won’t heal), but knowing how quickly thisawful thing can change can get one down sometimes!

So now I have said my cheery hello, I bid you all good day, and hope you are all as well as can be xxx
    Karen x

tonyf
    Participant

Hi Karen, said it before, dread those days before clinic, just like you.
    Best of luck, if you see Dr Barton say hello from me.
    Hope it goes well on Thursday.
    Regards
    Tony F

Kazzam2
    Participant

Thanks Tony,

I will say hi if I see her, never seem to get the same consultant twice in a row nowadays. Although I heard from Dr Garg recently, (emails) regarding holidays. She gave thumbs up as I am in remission! ;-).

Regards
    Karen H
    x

Perkymite
    Participant

Best of Luck Karen I hope all is well.

Kind regards Vasbyte

David

Kazzam2
    Participant

Many thanks David

Regards

karen
    xx

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi TontF, I have just seen Dr Barton ( for the first time), I said hello from you, she said hello back to you! 🙂 She mentioned there may be a myeloma group starting back up.
    My blood count is all within range, kidney function okay, calcium back up( it was borderline), just waiting for my paraprotien. I am in day ward waiting for zometta (45 mins so far,but they have fed and watered me),my records/notes have gone astray between the hope ward and here.
    Other than that, sounds like interim bloods at 6 weeks and clinic in 3 months xx
    Best wishes to all

petesilver
    Participant

Hello Karen

Chin up and try and keep positive I was diagnosed in 2004 and still her  after various hairy drug treatments.

If you have a sore that wont heal try a few sessions of HBO can’t do no harm but the oxygen might help it to heal. I can’t go into any detail here but I have been having weekly hbo since 2005, has it made any difference!! who knows!! but I see all sorts of people there not just the MS patients who the centre is mainly for but all sorts of people try it for various conditions ,ulcers that won’t heal, burns. broken bones, ME, I guarantee nothing it all a personal thing but it amazing the people that find us(sorry I say us as I volunteer as a helper for the charity).

I must not go on any further as it all a matter of choice.

Regards

Peter

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi all land thanks for best wishes, and thanks too Peter for chin up 😉

I have still not had my protien results, I have had my copy off the doctors letter from the consultant, has my blood results, but says progressing paraproteins (sorry if spelling wrong), I am sure they would contact me if a problem.

Update on sore on my back, I seen a different dermatologist last Wednesday, the sore is about the same, been around for over 3 months, he said it may be sun damage, so rather than do a biopsy, best to take it all away as it bothers me! So I have than done under local within the month. Oh and I have shingles!! The medical student got more than she hd bargained for when I went in consulting suite ! lol

I must have a read round and see how everyone is and not use this as a blog, sorry!

Best wishes to you all

Karen
    xx

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi all,

I have not been on for a while, been busy feeling a bit sorry for myself, as my November check up revealed the dreaded mm has shown up again since August, my consultant said not to worry and they would see how fast it’s coming back in early January, it has increased from 1.8 g/l in November to 4.2 g/l early January, I was alarmed by this as it was 14.8 g/l when I was originally diagnosed, so at the rate its going … I had an MRI on the 25th January but I am not seeing consultant till 19th February so worrying times.

For the record, my sct gave me complete remission for 17 months, am I being greedy wanting 4 to 5 years? i have stems cells in storage, but do not know at this time what to do.

Best wishes to you all
    Karen
    xxxx

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by  Kazzam2.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bloods for 3 monthly clinic, what if????’ is closed to new replies.