Bloody bras and rib pain!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  KWilson 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jet
    Participant

I just wanted a quick vent… and it's not really a side effect, but anyway…

Most days as long as I'm not too tired, I usually get dressed. Sadly though most of my clothes are falling off me… after 8 weeks of barely eating anything, I lost a LOT of weight!

BUT… my goodness!!! (Harsher words were deemed to be "inappropriate content" LOL!) Wearing a bra gets to be quite uncomfortable by the end of the day… corset-like, gripping pains across my ribs. So my girlfriend and I have an evening ritual of bra removal before settling down to a lazy dinner on the couch and a TV movie. What a huge release and relief!

Hope this is entertaining or even helpful. 😀

Gaye
    Participant

Dear Jet – Well it made me laugh but also confirmed how flipping painful bras are when you are in back pain. Everything goes tight and unbearable and the relief of being bra-free is wonderful. I hope the lads find something useful with this ……!

I think this is the first time bras have graced this discussion board so well done Jet. It first came with Womens' Lib with stripping off bras, now we can use it as a side efect of myeloma!

Good luck Jet.
    Love, Gaye

Gill
    Participant

I took early retirement soon after Stephen got ill. I was a support worker for homeless people so did not have to "be suited and booted" for work but always dressed in skirts, blouses, sweaters,tailored trousers etc.

Since being home all day I have only worn a bra when I go out or we have visitors. I exist in very comfortable joggers, T shirts, sweatshirts etc. I must admit that I have the sort of figure that is not huge in the bra needing department but it is still needed in company!

We try to go out at least once a week for a nice lunch (thanks to tesco vouchers) and I enjoy changing for that. Otherwise it is up in the morning shower and clean clothes consisting of knickers, comfy joggers, T shirt or sweatshirt and socks on a cold day.

My advice to you Jet would be to, if not burn the bras, put them at the back of the drawer and be comfy most times

Gill XX

Min
    Participant

Hi Ladies,
    I was getting a little worried about you Gaye when you went quiet for a while. I hope your getting on well with your exciting new drug. How is your back pain now?
    How is the puppy Gill.
    Cant add anything to your bra adventures but I would like to dispose of mine and sure will once I finish work. But I wish I could find a liberty bodice to wear instead. Does anyone remember them.As a child no child could be without one, but I forget at what age I discarded mine. Perhaps at infant school.
    Min

zasrs
    Participant

Ooh Min

I remember the liberty bodice, nice and toasty!!! Why was it called a liberty bodice? I seem to recall that mine had ribbons on it rather than hooks. I am sure once i wore a bra i did not wear a bodice as well. At least we do not bra made for us with canterlevers like poor Jane Russel, what a cleavage, imagine the back ache:-(

All the best sarah

Gill
    Participant

Hi All

Isn't it great that on a site that caters for a very unpleasent illness there can still be some fun.

I had forgotten all about liberty bodices. Mine had ribbons and I seem to remember that I had a "prettier one" for birthday parties etc (never seen but you knew it was your best one)

Gill xx
    PS No wonder the under 50s got their own site with us lot talking like this:-)

brocho
    Participant

Hi girls this is certainly a hot topic and I agree bras are a painBut now that I am the size of a house it is actually just as uncomfortable to go without, oh for the days when my nickname was ironing-board!! It has added to the image of militant mmers marching in protest –bra-less and hobbling !! love Bridget x

Gill
    Participant

PS Min

Puppy (Anya) still gorgeous but sooo proud of mistakes!! Still squatting in front of us and being very pleased with herself.

We do shout "bad girl" and move her to her pee mat but neither Stephen nor I sound cross enough methinks. It is getting better though and she is a complete lovebug.

Luckily her "honoury aunty" (our 2 year old Westie, Echo) has not decided that dirty is good. She just sniffs at "mistake" and backs away
    Gill xx

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Ladies, You know my wife has always taken off her bra every night for as far as I can remember! In the good old days it used ……….. are well too much information here I think.

Keep the liberation movement alive is what I say

Kindest regards
    David

Gaye
    Participant

Now here's a suggestion to keep the bra thread 'uplifted' so to speak. My cleaning lady Debbie has just suggested we all wear sports bras (although where you stand with this one David I am not sure). Slightly concerned Min that we will be able to identify newly retired ladies if the boobs have gone south much quicker than normal. I could have slung mine over my shoulders when I was 3 stone heavier but thanks to loss of weight it is now impossible! We seem to have deviated here Jet but this is what happens when we get going!

Thanks for your concern Min about my temporary absence. I have now had my RT but no relief just yet as I was told. It's been a bit hard fighting off the depression as well so having a bit of a struggle at the moment. I have still been following the threads though with lots going on for you all.

Much Love, Gaye xxx

BADGER
    Participant

😎 hi Ladies and gentleman
    I have found bras a pest most of my life as I have always been on the plump size and more plumpish on steriods I had to wear one I have found a sports bra with good support and no bones the best when my ribs were painfull I popped 3 ribs which was agony
    Onwards and upward

Love Jo 😀

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Gaye
    sorry hear your back pain is not much better will they be able to operate if the RT doesn't work how are you getting on with your new treatment have you had any results yet

Keep well
    Love JO

BADGER
    Participant

hi Sarah

I was made to wear a liberty bodice hated it mine had button which attached
    to my fleecy lined knickers (YUK) had to wear them all winter but only knee socks so legs got chapped all winter so not so toasty

Love J0 x:-)

BADGER
    Participant

David

You are part of the liberation movement and dont you forget it

Love Jo x 😎

brocho
    Participant

Dear Gaye I am glad you have finished your rt now I hope you start to feel the benefit very soon . I have been feeling a bit blue myself lately and I am hoping the lighter days and spring weather will make us both feel happier . I hope you have a lovely pain free weekend love Bridget x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bloody bras and rib pain!’ is closed to new replies.