Bone Marrow Test

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Kazzam2 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi All,

Hope all as well as possible 😐

Just a quick question. I had a bone marrow test 9 days ago and have not heard anything about it so I emailed my consulatant this morning who just sent reply of one sentence 'not ready yet'.

My question is, is it normal for it to take so long for results?

Thanks in advance
    regards
    Karen x

eve
    Participant

Hi Karen

I can understand you being worried about it,but even if she has the results she will not tell you by e mail!!!

When Slim had his last one I rang up after a week I told them we did not mind knowing the results over the phone as the previous BMB showed 10 percent in bones,but I was told the interpretation was a complicated procedure and this had not been discussed. We had to wait for the consultant who was off that week to come back,just to tell us it had gone up to 30 percent and treatment would start straight away.we delade treatment to have 10 days in France.

We are learning to say s-d it,specially now Slim is off Trials, We have accepted that with the SCT being consided a failure ,that time is now back in our hands,and we can have a little say,plus choice,how we approach this Revilidimide ,we no longer let treatment control Slims life..

When is your next appointment with consultant!!!!. Love Eve

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi Eve

Thanks for taking the time to reply. My SCT was 6 months today, just for the record 🙂

My next appointment to see my consultant is 29th August!!! I go every 4 weeks for zometta infusion, but that is all.

Thanks, and best wishes to Slim
    Love
    Karen
    xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Karen:-)

That is a long time to wait,!!! I think if there is any thing going on,she will send you a new appointment,cannot see her making you wait until end of August,but if you have a holiday booked take it,lock Myeloma in the cupboard.

Think positive!!! Even if its back,they are catching it early,Slim did not start treatment again straight away,they like it to be above 10 percent plus other things like pain,or kidneys showing signs,I suppose because we have dealt with it not showing in blood for so long,we realise,you have to enjoy today,without the worry of tomorrow:-D

This is we're the roller coaster has so many highs and lows..Love Eve

Ali
    Participant

Hi Karen

My Mum had a bmb last Thursday and was told the results would take 3 weeks.

It's a long wait for results isn't it?

Hope all goes well for you

Love Ali x

tonyf
    Participant

Hello Karen, seems like an awfully long time to wait for the results.
    Interesting that you can email Dr Garg!
    Why did you have to have another BMB? Is it standard practice at Leicester Royal after an SCT?
    Regards
    Tony F

Kazzam2
    Participant

Thanks Eve,

I am locking MM in a cupboard next week and going away for a few days! 😀
    First time away since this dreaded roller coaster started, (not counting my stay overs in Leicester!)

Hi TonyF, I was sent for bone marrow test because a MRI I had in mid May is showing up active disease on my spine, despite my blood tests suggesting complete remission, so it is to be on the safe side. As for emailing Dr Garg, I did once, cannot remember what for now, but something I felt would not wait till Clinic, her email address is on hospital letters (the copy they send to your GP), she answered straight away (beats phoning 😀 ), and now she if she is rushed in clinic she tells me to email her! A couple of times she has emailed me out of blue asking after me. I do not imagine this is the norm, so have changed her name (ha), I do try not to over use it tho, so sshh x

Hi Ali,

Thanks for that, it is a long wait, I think, the nurse that did test did ask when my next appointment is, and said nothing when I said end of August. Thanks for your best wishes, hope your mum gets on okay.
    Thank you all, will keep you posted
    Love
    Karen
    xxx

tonyf
    Participant

Thanks Karen, promise I won't email dr.
    Have a good break, hope the weather stays fine.
    Regards Tony F

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi All,
    Just an update. I have been for my 4 weekly Zometta. My consultant has not replied to my latest (yesterday)email/query about my test reults, I am thinking she may be on holiday. I thought I would chance asking the nurse who was sorting my Zometta infusion, as they have my records on the ward. She just asked when is my next clinic appointment, when I said end of August, she said oh I imagine they will be ready for then. 🙁

I am off to the garden to dig a very big hole to bury my head in!

Enjoy the sunshine everyone8-)

Thanks for your best wishes Tony and regards to your wife (Ellen? sorry my memory is shocking) xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Ki Karen

BMB results mist vary from hospital to hospital. Frank goes to Belfast City Hospital. He had the BMB at 10 in the morning and we were told to got for a walk round town and have some lunch and come back. We arrived back after 4 hours and they Re back. I'm a great believer in no news is good news 🙂 Hope you get good news

Love Jean x

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi Jean,
    thanks for replying. I was diagnosed with MM at this hospital by BMT, and I am sure it was only a day or 2. I'm going with no news/good news.

Regards, and best wishes to Frank and yourself x
    Karen

Kazzam2
    Participant

At last a reply!! Hi all x

Marrow Sample was not brilliant but overall it appears to be in remission.
    We may need to repeat later this year.
    Have you had radiotherapy?? Any improvement?

Take slightly more morphine, take it easy and remain assured.

Above is reply to me regarding pain!

Regards
    Karen

san
    Participant

Hi Karen, that sounds positive, are you back to work yet? yes take it easy if you can, we are waiting for Mum's results too she feels okish at the moment and like you is living with a degree of pain which is controlled, i am glad that you finally got the results it is always worrying until you get them, best wishes San x

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi San,

Thanks for replying, and for your best wishes too.

I am not back at work, I am signed off until end of October, my consultant said it is a year after SCT, I work in a school, well the kitchen of a school, I will have to be very fit before I go back as it is a heavy job, huge heavy pans, deliveries and tables and chairs.

Hope your mums results are okay x
    Best wishes
    Karen x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bone Marrow Test’ is closed to new replies.