Cardiff Information Day

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jennyanne 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

ange
    Participant

Hi all

I just wondered if anyone else is planning on going to the Cardiff Information Day on 24 November 2012? My husband and son are coming with me and I am looking forward to learning about future treatments etc. I would love to meet other patients and carers as well as some of the Myeloma UK team and Healthcare professionals.

Ange xx

Jacquie
    Participant

Hi we went to the Birmingham one the other week found it really helpful and interesting and on the plus side met other fellow suffers. My partner has the Myeloma I would recommend to anyone who gets a chance to go.

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Ange, I would have liked to have gone to that one, I always planned to go to one in the South West but have never made any of them yet. 24th is my wedding anniversary so do not think the wife would wear that 😀 So enjoy the day and if they unveil a cure please let us all know;-)

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

ange
    Participant

Hi Jacquie, great to know that you found the Birmingham one helpful. David – Happy Anniversary for the 24th! I will make the most of the day and report back! Best wishes Andrea

ozzy
    Participant

Hiya Ange
    We have booked to attend the 24th at the Village Cardiff. I had my sct at the Heath Hospital January 2011 and Dr Keith Wilson is speaking there. I hope we can still go because at the minute I am not feeling too good with backache. Keep a lookout for us we would be pleased to meet you.
    Paul & Gayle

jennyanne
    Participant

Hello, There will be quite a few of us from the Support Group based in Cardiff attending the Info Day. My name is Jenny and I am SG leader for the group, my husband has had Myeloma for nearly 7 years. look forward to meeting you.
    Best wishes .Jenny

ange
    Participant

Hi Paul and Gayle, sorry to hear about your back pain Paul but if you are able to make it I look forward to meeting you. Jenny, that's great, I will look out for you! Best wishes Andrea

ozzy
    Participant

Hi Jenny & Ange
    I've been to the GP today about the back and he thinks its muscular.I'm waiting for another MRI scan so hopefully by Sat things will calm down. Hope to meet you both there.
    Paul & Gayle

ange
    Participant

We were very impressed by the Cardiff Infoday we attended yesterday. Very well organised by the friendly and helpful Myeloma UK team. The presentations were very informative.I now have a clearer understanding of how the treatment works, the clinical studies etc. Lovely to meet other patients and carers. As a newly diagnosed patient who has not required treatment yet I came away feeling very positive and grateful to everyone involved for their support and encouragement. Look forward to keeping in touch. Andrea, Phil & Tim.

jennyanne
    Participant

Hello, It was lovely to meet you yesterday. We also enjoyed the day. M.U.K. do an excellent job. It is also great to have the chance to talk to other people in the same situation.
    Look forward to seeing you agaain sometime. Good luck with starting treatment.
    Jenny

ozzy
    Participant

Hiya Ange & Jenny
    It was lovely to meet you both at the info day. We too found it very interesting and informative and was encouraged by the positivity. Keep in touch.
    Paul & Gayle

jennyanne
    Participant

Dear Paul and Gayle. It was really nice talking to you at the Cardiff I.D.
    Hope to meet you again . If you drop me an email i can keep you in touch with whats going on at our Support Group.
    Best wishes.
    Jenny

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cardiff Information Day’ is closed to new replies.