Christmas in hospital ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

peggy
    Participant

That believe it or not is what I,m currently hoping for. I,ve had enough of tests and procrastination….
    Diagnosed in April/May 2011 I am still awaiting my SCT. There have been good resons for the delay but enough is enough. I,ve had my cells harvested last week (3 days on the apheresis machine, following oone night on a trolley in A and E) and am now awaiting the final heart/lung checks before the procedure can begin.

I,ve been told that it ca,nt be done before christmas but there may be able to fit me in over the holiday.. That would suit me fine as my son will be home and he could be around for his younger sister if necessary.

I am still slightly surprised that my cells were collected, with the need for the extremely expensive Plerexifor, prior to the suitability tests but there we go. I understand that it is done the other way round in some hospitals.

So now I,m jjust keeping my fingers crossed that there are no further complications.

Best wishes to you all,

Peggy

SueM
    Participant

Hi Peggy

Will cross my fingers here too.

Hope tests go fine and you get a good date for the SCT

Christmas in hospital just check full in hospital services as often less drs etc and pharmacy being less open.

You may need your son more after the transplant when your at home?

I was harvested 2 years before i had my transplant they only did the tests just before transplant

all the best
    Sue

andyg
    Participant

Hi Peggy.
    I was diagnosed in October 2010. I haven't had a sct yet and don't look like having a one till early next year. Everyone's journey with mm is different. Some make it to sct with only 3 cycles of chemo. some (rare) like me don't respond to the drugs at all. The majority fall somewhere in the middle.
    My sct is going to have to be a donor transplant due to all the different drugs I've tried battering my bone marrow into submission but no unfortunately the mm.
    I hope your sct is a great xmas present for you and your family and leads to a long and healthy remission.
    Take care
    Best wishes
    Andy x

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Peggy,

I hope you get the date for your SCT soon. My husband Phil was in for his lung function and heart tests this week and he is going in on Monday for the priming chemo (cyclo…. – I have a terrible time remembering all the drug names) and the cell harvest will be December 5th and 6th. Phil is then going into St Bart's in London on December 17th for the SCT so we will have Christmas in hospital as well. Phil was diagnosed in May this year so his journey to the SCT has been shorter than yours but we just want to crack on and get it done, one step closer to remission we hope.

I hope your tests go well. We will be thinking of you.

Megan

tom
    Participant

Good on you Peggy and I for one hope you get it sooner so you are out for xmas though am sure its going to be wasted I missed xmas and new year in 2009 🙁 but it was well worth it 😎

Keep strong and hope you have no hold ups 🙂

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Christmas in hospital ?’ is closed to new replies.