Christmas

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  san 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Hello
    Christmas!!!! I know it's only November,and I am starting on about Christmas!!!!

Well I have decided it is starting early this year,and the reason why is because we live in this Myeloma Bubble it's very hard to plan ahead,you can make arrangements but as every one knows ,Myeloma has a way of getting in the way of plans!!!

At the moment we have to go the hospital at least once a week,that's not to bad it was three times last week!!!,So this weekend the Tree is going up,and the house is going to look if Christmas has come,:-P

Might be a bit whacky and tacky,but it just might get the Christmas spirit started.

I hope all you carers who are feeling down try to lift your spirits up.Eve

LizMaywood
    Participant

Dear Eve

good for you! I too have started putting up some decorations, and it definitely makes me feel better.

Take care, Liz

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Eve

I am determined to have a good Christmas this year. Cards bought from Myeloma turkey being ordered tomorrow . Joining in with Christmas carols but not putting tree up yet.

Ian still in hospital. Had a small operation on Friday to clean out the wound as the doctor thought it was infected as it was leaking. Cleaned out wound and stitched. On looking at the wound and today, some of the stitches are gaping. Will anything ever go right. Both very fed up and want home.

Maureen

san
    Participant

Hello hey i agree Eve, have written my Mum and Dads card today to give to them tomorrow as she is coming out of hospital then and we have to make the most of it, we as a family are trying to make plan A and B backup just in case this myeloma decides to take charge again! :-/ so decs will go up a little earlier and i am buying presys and will help Mum do her cards asap just in case she feel too poorly to do it later, and a bit of cheer in the house is always welcome:-D so get going all ha ha! lots of love Sanx

dickb
    Participant

Hi Eve,

Good for you, rather than thinking putting decs up early is a little tacky, start thinking your enjoying an over exubrient German Christmas. Next week is the start of Advent so Advent decs go up first here, 0n Dec 6 is Christkind, the children get a present from Christkind (Santa to you and me). They get the bulk of the presents on Christmas Eve which officially the first day of Christmas. So not tacky, just continental.

andyg
    Participant

Good for you Eve. I never thought I'd see last Christmas the way I was Christmas 2011 but here I am still hanging around having to think about pressies for Steph again. Which is a chore but a lovely one.
    Like you I don't plan very far ahead because with myeloma you never know when your time will be up.
    I don't think you're being wacky or tacky and I hope you and Slim have a very long and extended happy Christmas together.

Every day is a gift.
    Savour them.

Andy xx

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Eve,

It is never too early to start Christmas :-). Last year our Christmas included Phil being in hospital for his SCT so this year we are hoping to enjoy a hospital free Christmas Day. I have started the Christmas baking and have already posted the Christmas presents to my nieces in Canada (last posting day for surface mail was October 15th!) so Christmas is well and truly started for us as well 🙂

Megan

Anonymous

Good for you eve;) we are actually going away after Xmas to see Henry’s mum in Jamaica. We haven’t had a holiday since Henry was diagnosed on 2011. I. Managed to get him insured, paid for premium cabin seats, got antibiotics, a large hat and suncream 😉 I am worried but excited now for Christmas and the holiday. We are off to hospital on Friday yes the 13th!!! So fingers crossed all is still well. I desperately need a break. Still can’t break free from being angry and emotional inside. I hide it well as not many know at work, they just think I’m a bit grumpy short and sharp sometimes! We all love our husbands so much and I know dread the worse case scenario future. So I enjoy every moment with Henry even when he exasperates me!!!! Love sarah xxxxx

eve
    Participant

Hi Everyone

Nice to see everyone getting in the Christmas spirit,we have already started eating the Christmas goodies,so might have to buy some more

I am still looking for some of the Christmas decorations???,I think Slim has hidden them away!!

He has a weekly visit for bloods,plus if he needs platelets or bloods another visit,a visit for BMB and one to see consultant all before Christmas and it’s 18 days to go before Christmas.

Hope everyone is well enjoy Christmas and welcome the new year the way way you mean it to go on.wishing you all the best Eve

san
    Participant

Well, wishing everybody a good Christmas and sending love to you all, take care and love to all San xxx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Christmas’ is closed to new replies.