Colin SCT plan b!

This topic contains 167 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 168 total)
  • Author

tom
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin

Long Long Day for you both? it just shows how the bloods run amoke at time then settle down.

are they putting the chemo into Colin too fast?? I think if they slow it down a bit its less side effects?? its worth a ask.

Give him My best when you get up at 5.

Love and Hugs

Tom "Onwards and upwards" xxx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the support, will pass on your best to Colin. Well he's home, said he felt washed out and a bit swim my and like he wasn't here if that makes sense. Just packed him off to bed with sickness tablet and some other ones to do with the bladder. Then I can wake him up with another sicky type table at 9pm and another one we are told to do at 5am! In the morning.

However one good thing much to my amazement he ate a good evening meal….and pudding! Best meal he has eaten it weeks. I reckon it was relief to get it over with. Mind you, he did say if this chemo makes him feel like this what will the next one be like! LOL

Have a great weekend

Vicki and a shattered Colin x

Elizellen
    Participant

I am glad that his numbers went up enough for things to get started, Vicki!

It was great that his appetite was improved, hopefully the first of many good meals to build him up before the SCT.

Sending you both my best wishes for an uneventful weekend.

Love
    Eliz
    XX
    X

Vicki
    Participant

Thanks Eliz,

It has been quite a tough couple of days. Colin felt really poorly yesterday, sick, tired and I think really generally fed up of feeling I'll. Today he looked a bit better but has been very very emotional. I do wonder whether it was a reaction to Friday, or maybe the drugs. I hate to see him upset and feel really helpless that I can't do anything. Just trying to keep the food and drink going and being positive! We've been keeping an eye on his temperature……nothing yet 😉

Have a great bank holiday weekend and hope you are keeping well too 🙂

Vicki and a tired Colin x

tom
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin (see the shattered bit has gone8-) ) or it will soon

Nice to hear Colin has ate a meal (hope it was a stodgy pudding?)
    Tell Colin to stick with it I also had all the above and am sure more? but some time down that blomin long line of I just cant be assed I felt it all click into place and just woke up one morning knowing I turned the corner 😀 and here I am still doing good (no jogging or marathons done nor wil i do any lol) but it worked and as much as I yes I said I cant do it I DID 😎 well worth that rough ride Colin stick with it and take plenty of rest and ur Anti sick Tabs (now they were a godsend to me ha ha)

And Vicki I am sure you will be looking after yourself?? through all this??

You Both Take Care

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Thanks that's reassuring to know…..and glad your still on top form. I have shared these posts with Colin and he has felt more positive too. He has felt a bit better today, 🙂 despite the weather! And overall an improvement. I hope Colin has had the can't be assed moment, or maybe that's post SCT and then feeling good clicks into place :-).

Oh and looking after me?. Maybe I should remember that a bit more too! By the way I took colins mind of how poorly he was feeling by painting and decorating our new porch…..not my strong point but at least it gave him a laugh. I am the female version of mr bean does painting! 😉

Vicki

tom
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin

Your both more than welcome, and I bet neither of you can wait for that "Click" to being and feeling better 😀

As for the Painting well that has been always down to my young bride (Elaine) i do the ceilings and leave the rest to Elaine 😎

You ought to get Colin to Video you painting and put it on your tube ha ha

You Both stay well and you also must rest leave the dust no one cares if they see it as long as both of you are doing well

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Ali
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin

Just back from a few soggy and muddy days away in Derbyshire, was nice to get away for a while.

I do hope that Colin is feeling a little better after his chemotherapy, and he starts gcsf again today? dont be too worried if he experiences pain in his "long bones" my Mum did and hospital told her its a good pain, as in, no pain no gain. Its all the lovely cells spilling out into the blood.

You gave me a giggle about your painting skills! My Mum told be once to never be good at painting and decorating as it would always then be my job, so I once did a very pathetic attemp and Mum was right, every time I now reach for a brush I get asked to make a cup of tea! Ta da – thats the way to do it! 🙂

Anyway, take it easy over the next few days and take care both of you.

Love Ali xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Ali, Tom

Hey you are right Ali, in the end my uncle called in and somehow he managed to take over a bit and gave me a hand! I ended up being more of the labourer and tea maker, however still managed to get paint on my trousers, hands and oh on my ear!

Yes gcsfs start this evening, there aren't many times I hope for Colin to have pain but this is one of them!. Sorry to hear you had a soggy holiday but at least it was a break.

Colin much better yesterday 🙂

Take care all

Vicki and Colin x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Vicki & Colin,

GCSF time is with you I see… good luck and here's to a local ache or two. I was told to take paracetamol if the pain got too bad… but it was never more than a constant dull ache… with constant being the key word.:-)

Wishing you the very best of luck and a smooth journey up and into the SCT process.8-)

Regards 🙂

Dai.

tom
    Participant

All the best with GCSF, my pain started on day three I think and lasted just over two days 🙂

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Vicki
    Participant

Thanks all,

Colin has just had day 2……and no pain yet! Come on you stem cells or my worry beads will be out soon!.

He seems a lot brighter, more perky, eating well and has been to work today. Glad you mentioned when the pain might come.me being me, wondered why it did not come about 10 seconds after the first injection LOL.

I had a couple of days leave from work so we spent a nice couple of days together……no decorating! Sorry if I sound like a worrier, I am! I wont say I'm not worried, and do worry about Colin worrying, as he does 'keep things in'. Still your support is greatly appreciated and whilst I do all the posting, he gets to hear them all

Hope you are all well 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

tom
    Participant

Hi Vickie and Colin

Well in the nicest possible way I hope Colin gets some pain tomorrow not forgetting we all differ and some dont get the "Pain" for some reason or another.

As for the worry Vicki I worry about worrying about not worrying?? if that sounds sense lol, keep off the paint and try and relax

Love and Hugs
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Ali
    Participant

Hey Vicki

We all worry, I worry that I will always be worrying – will I ever be able to not worry again? – does that make sense? – I just keep thinking if only I could turn back time:-(

Glad you have been able to have a nice couple of days together:-)

I am rooting for Colins stem cells!

Love Ali xx

Vicki
    Participant

Tom,Ali,

Know what you mean….I worry if I think I am not worrying!, then start asking myself am I immune to this worry, got used to this mm thing? (never!). That said I can't imagine we'll ever be the same. Last night Colin was looking out of the window and there was a plane vapour trail. He asked whether I thought we'd ever go on holiday/on a plane again :-(. Answer……we will too right, failure is not an option! And Helen did it!.
    🙂 🙂
    See I can do the positive again!

Roll on Monday to start getting those cells out!

Vicki and flu-like Colin!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘Colin SCT plan b!’ is closed to new replies.