Colin SCT plan b!

This topic contains 167 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 168 total)
  • Author

Vicki
    Participant

Hi all

Appointment at hospital today……as we thought booster injections not funded, so cycle priming is plan b. Our nurse Sian took us a bit by surprise. Chemo cyclophosmahide this Friday! I know we should be expecting this but somehow we always get caught by surprise with something…..

So the plan is:

Cyclopriming Friday 20th august
    Gcsf injections start 29th august
    Stem cell harvest 3 and 4 September
    The big date if all goes well…..24 September

We are trying not to get too hyper this time, just in case we get disappointed. It was funny today because we both felt really flat and anxious after the appointment, then spent an hour trying to convince each other of the benefits of going through these hoops! Weird considering we knew this was the plan! One piece of good news, colins kidney function tests were really good. It was a 77 something score…..we asked if that was good for an mm sufferer and she said that was good by anyone standards, whether mm sufferer or not 🙂

Times cracking on now and we really want to get this over with.

Ali, spurred on by your mums progress (thanks for thinking of us)', and you Helen with your brilliant account of your progress and the trials and tribulations over food …..shame about the wine!

Vicki and Colin x:-)

tom
    Participant

Hey Well done (cept the booster not funded) and I wish you both Luck.

Vicki aint the 20th Aug today (Mon) but whatever day it starts I am sure it will work 😉
    So Crack on you two and lets have this Party rolling 😎

Love
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Ali
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin

Tom, Friday is 24th – I know this as its my birthday 😀

Theres always a plan! My Mum had the priming at the same time they fitted the hickman line before her harvest and remember how well it all worked for her? All done and dusted in the one sitting. I hope its the same for Colin.

I think it seems very real when you have the dates down in black and white. Friday seems so soon now, yet you have waited a long time. 2nd time lucky for you im sure.

Great news on the kidney function test:-)

Bring it on now!!

Love Ali x

Mari
    Participant

hi Vicki and Colin,

Pleased to hear you are having the cyclophosphamide induction with the GCSF. I am sure this will do the trick for you. It worked a treat for Steve the first time around. You will have bags and bags of lovely little stem cells before you know it. Sorry to hear about the mobiliser though, it really so unfair that we have this post code lottery when it comes to important drugs like these,

Will be thinking of you as you go through the process,

Much love, Mari x

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi vicki & Colin,

Very pleased for you both and goodluck for the start of plan B on Friday .

Thinking of you both

Love liz & kev xx

Helen
    Participant

Ok Vicki, we've all got our fingers crossed now and hope that it all goes according to the book.
    Love Helen

Elizellen
    Participant

Keeping every thing crossed over here too for Friday, Vicki and Colin!

[img]http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/fingers-crossed.jpg[/img]

Love
    Eliz
    XX
    X

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Vicki and Colin

All best wishes as Plan B looms.

Mavis x

Etta
    Participant

Good luck with it, it will be worth it !

Etta

Vicki
    Participant

Hi all,

Firstly, Tom you are right Got the date wrong….it is Friday 24th…….so happy birthday for Friday Ali. You got an early birthday present with you mum coming home. Hope she is doing well.

We have both been looking at all of your comments and we are so grateful and buoyed up by the words of encouragement and support. We just need to prize those stem cells out of colins bone marrow! Still he 's always been stubborn so bound to hang on to them for as long as possible!

Once again thanks from both of us, will keep you posted!

Vicki and Colin x

foxy555
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin

Good to hear your news, lets hope things do start moving now. Hope you are both keeping as well as can be expected. Good luck for the next few weeks and here is to the 24th September!!!!

Pete visited consultant yesterday, they are pleased with all his blood counts, still won't give a date for SCT, but said should hopefully be before the end of the year. Still cannot explain his chest pains or his swollen ankles and legs, but they don't seem that concerned. Pete has an appointment with Radiotherapist on Friday, he is hoping that they are able to give him another blast!!! – just to relieve back pain.

Otherwise he is very perky and as you have often said, sometimes you can forget for a few moments that they have MM!!!!

Take care both of you

Keep us updated

Ann and Pete

xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Pete and ann,

Glad the appointment went well and the blood counts playing ball. Like you say if they don't seem too worried about the swelling then I'd try to reassure yourself that it's ok. I hope they can do something for Peres back pain. Colin does get it occasionally,even with the painkillers. Colin was a bit fed up as when they measured his height he had lost 3 inches, he couldn't get over it. It made him feel quite low as he used to be much taller than me and we are now about the same. Apparently it's because of the bones getting softer and scrunching (my medical term!) together. I had hoped they could do some balloon kyphoplasty (cement in the bones thing) to improve his posture where the vertebrae went and restore dome of the height, but they won't do that unless he has lots of pain!. I don't care as long as he is ok, but I can see it from his perspective.

Well tomorrow here we go again….a real shame because he has been feeling quite well, still, no pain no gain!

Take care both. Will keep you posted.

Vicki and Colin x

Ali
    Participant

Hi Vicky and Colin

Just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow. Does Colin have to stay in overnight?. I will be thinking of you both.

Love Ali x

Vicki
    Participant

Ali

Thanks so much. No he is just in for the day we are told. Fingers crossed, and thanks for thinking of us. Not sure what he is dreading most….the chemo or me doing some DIY painting the porch (not my strongest skill, wanting it all done yesterday is my problem!).

Hope you have a great day and your mums doing well, will keep you posted

Vicki and Colin x

Vicki
    Participant

Well what a blinking day so far!

Went to hospital 0930am today. Appointment 10am. Colin went in at 1115, and they did obs(I assume blood test stuff!). We then found out that his neutrophil count at the hospital last Monday had been 0.6, so there a possibility no chemo today. That's the first up and down of the roller coaster. THEN, neutrophils for today come back at 1.56? Chemo on…..great news Iif you can say that. Colin tells me he'll b about 1.5 hours so off I go to merrily do the shopping….get back to hospital,chemo stopped for a bit Colin felt unwell. Sicky, headache etc, so then he finishes and they want to keep him in a bit for fluid?

So i am home,minus Colin. Back to the hospital at five. Did anyone say this treatment lark was straightforward 🙂

Vicki x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘Colin SCT plan b!’ is closed to new replies.