Colin SCT plan b!

This topic contains 167 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 168 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Chris.
    They do like putting hurdles in your way. Considering what you've both been through to get to this stage I think this latest blip will be a piece of cake and those cells will be back where they belong in no time at all.
    Sorry I haven't posted for a while been fighting of a few infections.
    Good luck with the transplant
    Andy xx

Ali
    Participant

Hi All

Lovely to actually see you Vikki and Colin! It sucks you have to wait another week, however at least they are well prepared at the hospital and you know that they will have the correct staff members there etc. Not long to go now..

Hi Andy

Sorry to hear you have been under the weather, I hope you feel a little better now:-) Hope all goes well 2moro and you get to actually see the Prof!

Love Ali xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your support :-). I really hope you get to see the main man next appointment. Sorry you are feeling poorly at the moment. We hope your pp's are continuing to come down. Maybe just a bit more sunshine would help them along! We were fed up with the change of date but hey another opportunity for me to make sure Colin has some decent food…..roast pork etc and a really nice berry crumble for afters!

Ali, yes I thought it about time we put a picture on, it seems a bit rude to talk to everyone and not no who we are…..hopefully the picture got our best sides haha! :-). It was a real blow when they changed the date but as I said above, more chance for col to build himself up a bit. I read earlier that your mum is doing really well….we are so pleased and the hair starting to grow back, that's great :-). Hope you and your mum have a great time at the show and the meal…..how nice to do some normal things :-). Roll on for us too!

Vicki and Colin x

Ali
    Participant

Hi Vikki

The show was fantastic! When I booked it earlier on in the year I didnt know how Mum would be fixed for going ( I even paid insurance on the tickets just in case she was poorly). I wanted us both to have something to look forward to, just Mum and Daughter. Anyway we took our seats in the arena and then it started, [b]the coughing[/b]. Oh my goodness, thats all I could hear and I kept thinking about the germs. Mum put a tissue over her nose and mouth discreetly, but eventually resorted to holding a mask over. I cant believe how stupid I was taking her into such a crowded place, I hate the fact that we now have to think of these things. She now has a sickness bug and I cant help thinking that its all my fault:-( Sorry for off loading like this.

Thats right fill Colin up, crumble sounds lovely its my favourite.

Love Ali xx

Helen
    Participant

Hi Vikki
    Good photo, and sorry to,hear about the delay, just make the most of this time, go away for a few days in the autumn sun, it was lovely here today, a golden day. And I think the whooping cough is getting quieter!
    Ali don't stress too much about your mum and infection, we can't live in a vacuum, and we have to live, I mean really live, and we just pick things up while we are doing things. I'd rather be doing stuff, with the people i love, so we have to take chances, sometimes it doesn't work and we pick things up. We went to see my sister in the scottish borders yesterday and went to a craft fair with my daughter today, totally heaving with small children and coughing people but we had lots of fun and that's important. So glad you enjoyed the show.
    Love Helen

Elizellen
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin!

I've not been on here recently so missed the whole saga but am glad that Colin finally managed to produce over 2 million of those pesky litle cells!

Wishing you a good relaxing week while you are waiting for SCT day!

Love
    Eliz
    XX
    X

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Vikki

Have you got a new date for the SCT. hope you are both bearing up. Love the photo

Helen glad to hear the whooping cough is getting quieter. I remember one of my boys had it and it was frightening listening to it. Keep getting better
    Love Jean xx

Helen
    Participant

Thanks Jean
    Another nice new picture too, how is Frank doing with the chemo, ok still I hope?
    Love Helen

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Helen
    It's the dam Dex that is causing the most problems. He is ok when he takes it but when he stops he's not on the same planet as the rest of us. His Protein is still at 2 and this is supposed to be the last cycle. He said if its necessary he will continue with it. That really surprised me. Am phoning the myeloma nurse on Wednesday. She is about the only one I can get sense out of and talks in a language that I can understand.

I showed Frank the photos of you and Tim in Venice and he now says that if his treatment is finished he is going on a cruise while he waits for the SCT. Not sure if that will happen

Helen hope that dam cough takes a running jump!!
    Keep well
    Love Jean x

bikerchris
    Participant

HI Vicky and Colin,
    Cool picture – nice to meet you at last! Lena is camera shy but I will try to include her in a new pic, or attach one here if I can work out how to!
    We had a lovely meal thank you, huge steak (for me) and a bottle of our favourite Pinot!
    My new blog is called 'Revving up for SCT' and is one of the discussions under 'Treatment' on the discussion forum. (By the way, why do the new comments end up at the bottom of the discussion, or can I change my settings?).
    Enjoy the home cooking Guys (perhaps you could smuggle some food in a hot water bottle or something – yuo could cut it open with a pen-knife if you get hungry Colin!).
    Have a great week,
    Chris x

andyg
    Participant

Hi Vicki & Colin
    My paraproteins are at their lowest level since diagnosis they are now at 24 – well they were that was the news we received when we returned from Greece – that's a fall of 8 from my previous reading of 32! Not a great fall or reading but it's going in the right direction. Fingers crossed for last Fridays blood test! Oh I found this out whilst paying an unscheduled visit to the hospital the day after we got home from Greece. I had a cough, cold and a couple of infections with the accompanying high temp! I've been on numerous antibiotics but managed to avoid staying in hospital. I had to visit the hospital 14 days consecutively sometimes twice a day for ab infusions and injections but thankfully that's all finished now.

Ali I agree with Helen. We with MM have to enjoy things we want to do and not live in a bubble. Greece was my first trip abroad for 18 months, we used to manage 4 times abroad a year before I was diagnosed, and it was great I felt good there I was able to put mm at the back of my mind and enjoy myself. Even though I could only manage sitting by the pool and reading. I know when we got home I had problems but they could of occurred being back home and wrapped up in cotton wool. We are looking forward to going to Greece again in the spring after a regular trip to the lakes.

Live life to the max
    All the best everyone – and Colin I hope you sail through your transplant
    Love Andy & Steph xx

adamsp41
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin…just picked up this thread and hope Colin's SCT is sooner rather than later now that the Stem Cells have been successfully harvested (at last ) …you seemed to have been through enough hurdles…just to re-iterate David's and Dai's advice regards visitors I would only let my wife and son visit me as I too was well aware of the risk of infections and also if any throat problems occur post SCT..I found flat warm coke was the best mouthwash for me ( sounds strange but it worked ) …also Colin asked if he would ever board a plane again …well..I had my SCT in Jan 2011 and am due to fly to sunnier climes this Sat for 7 days…wooo-hooo…best wishes for the future…stay safe and good luck…Phil

Biker Chris…good luck today mate …go kick it between the legs…Phil

Ali
    Participant

Thanks Helen and Andy for your words, and I know you are both right. Its just all such a worry. Mum just wants to carry on as normal, I just want her to be well.

Sitting by the pool and reading seems like a mighty fine holiday to me Andy:-) Where to next in Greece?

Its nice to hear that you two get to meet each other for a chat and a coffee:-)
    Kalinihta

Ali xx

andyg
    Participant

Hi Ali
    We're pretty boring when we go to Greece we go to the same place, Kefalonia, same hotel, eat at the same restaurant and just laze by the pool reading whilst catching some sun! We used to go for long walks too but my back damage has put paid to that. Holiday insurance is a bit steep but necessary and planes are a good place to pick up alsorts which I did but didn't effect me till we got back fortunately. The week away was great the hospital visits afterwards and antibiotics afterwards not so good but I would do it again tomorrow.
    Talking to Helen over a coffee helps us get things straight in our heads and is very supporting it's good to hear others views and to be able to talk things over with someone who is on a journey as bumpy as your own. I just hope Helen get as much out of our little chats.
    Take care Ali & Mum
    Andy xx

foxy555
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin

Lovely to put a face to you both. You prompted me to post a picture, albeit not very clear, but as you say nice to see who you are talking to. Just wanted to wish Colin all the best for Monday (it has'nt changed has it?)

Pete had monthly consultation today, pleased with blood results and so will hopefully get a date for SCT in November. He has still got to have the heart scan on Thursday regarding his swollen ankles and numb toes and so 'fingers crossed' that comes back clear!! Really don't want a set back!

Really hitting home now, and also the fact that he may be in hospital for Xmas!!!!

I will obviously watch your posts very carefully to see how Colin progresses!!!

Look after yourself Vicki.

Take care

Ann and Pete
    x

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘Colin SCT plan b!’ is closed to new replies.