Constipation

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mulberry 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jbal
    Participant

Anybody had similar side effect whilst on VTD and tips for managing this?

alexandra
    Participant

Hi there
    I remember the constipation well, it can be so painful and debilitating. If it gets too bad then I would phone the hospital for advice, I had to do this and whilst it was embarrassing it was such a relief when they did help me. If it’s manageable then I can highly recommend drinking a glass of prune juice every morning. The other really important thing is lots of water especially before and after the velcade injections.

jbal
    Participant

Thank you so much for the top tips Alexandra.
    Jane

italylover
    Participant

Hi jbal
    I only suffered from constipation once and when I had my stem cells harvested the nurse recommended a product called Movicol. I took the recommended dose and sat on the toilet for a few hours that night and when I weighed myself the next morning had lost 3 pounds in weight!! All I can say is be careful what you take to sort out the constipation. I wish you well in the future.

mulberry
    Participant

I have always had constipation whilst on Lenalidomide, but can avoid it with careful use of cosmical, a stool softener. Eventually I worked out that I need 3/4 sachet daily in a 22 day cycle, starting the night before the lenalidomide cycle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.