coughs and colds

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  CarolBradley1 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi gang, I have caught a nasty cough and cold that is doing the rounds at the moment which I am treating with 4 hourly paracetamol, temperature at the moment 37.7. Any practical advice would be appreciated.

KIndest reagrds – vasbyte

David

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi David

Sorry to hear your not feeling too good. When Frank gets coughs or colds he takes Manuka honey. I read about it on the forum and did some research on it. Supposed tobe a natural anti biotic. It has worked for him, there are different strengths. Hope you feel better soon

Love Jean xx

brocho
    Participant

Hi David sorry you have got landed with a nasty cough hopefullly you wont have it long If your temperature stays on the high side it would be worth a visit to your gp to be on the safe side though. Get well soon love Bridget x

Min
    Participant

David I have had my granddaughter staying with me for the past week, and we all know how full of germs these little ones are.
    She had been coughing non stop in the night keeping me awake. She also has by way of explanation terrible exzma, so rubbing vick on her chest is out of the question. So tried this and it became 'Silent night
    Rub copious quantities of vick on the soles of your feet and keep it covered with clean socks!
    I know its bizare but hey try it and see
    meanwhile go and see the dr and get some tablets
    .Love min
    ps tell us if it works

tom
    Participant

Hi David
    As for me I had a spell of nearly a week in bed with flu 🙁 and to top that off I then got a chest Infection so took a trip to Dr's and he gave me some Anti Biotics and a sick note for a week:-/ when I told him i dint want to be off another week he said "Where were you last week?" and i said I told you I was in bed with Flu? to which he replied "and you turn up to see me on a friday I give you anti Biotics and trust me he said i dont give these out freely so take these and ONE week on sick and you will be OK" and do you what he was correct Lol, so its back to work on Monday Bug Free, so my advice would be nip and see the Dr and get something strong to knock it off.

Good Health

Tom "Still Onwards and Upwards"

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear David

Hope you soon feel better.

Mavis x

CarolBradley1
    Participant

Sorry to hear your unwell David. I was told that Kiwi fruit has lots of things in it that helps – anyway I eat one every day and since I started have escaped the usual winter colds etc.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Love Carolxxxx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘coughs and colds’ is closed to new replies.