Curcumin?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  robert0439 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

beverley
    Participant

Hi,
    Has anybody had any experience of curcumin? I have been reading “Margarets Corner” and she raves about it. I researched the Dr she quotes in Texas but he seems to be under some sort of investigation. There has been other research (in Australia), but these only used about 25 smouldering patients (probably any more would have been a fire risk!!!) I just wondered if anyone has used it and what dose.

Thanks
    Bev

janw
    Participant

Hi Bev

Following reading Margaret’s blog some four years ago, I’ve taken curcumin on a daily basis at the daily dose which she recommends. There have been some interesting comments on this site about taking curcumin. If you type in curcumin in the search box of this discussion forum and on the myeloma beacon site forum, you will find some relevant information on this topic.

If you do decide to take curcumin, please take care to use a reputable site/shop because I tried a site in America for a month’s supply with a view to reducing the cost and I ended up with fake tablets.

Regards Jan

beverley
    Participant

Hi Jan
    Thanks I will look into it further

Regards
    Bev

cygnet
    Participant

Hi ! I take curcumin – 1 tablet turmeric  which  is 10,000mg- daily. I started after diagnosis a year ago after researching Margarets Corner among others,

I buy my tablets from the UK Kent company Nature’s Best whom I have bought from for years – they offer a free nutritional helpline if you’re interested.

My pp was 27 at diagnosis – subsequently 21, 24, 24. I don’t know if the turmeric makes a blind bit of difference but I think it is worth a try for the relative small cost!  As well as my MGUS/ smoldering status I have cervical spondylosis & back problems. I suffered alot of bone & muscle pain before I started my supplement regime ( I also take fish oil, quercetin & a multivit) & have declined prescription drugs except the occasional anti inflammatory painkiller. I exercise 5 x a week & am more pain free now .

Hope this helps xx

beverley
    Participant

Thank you, it seems that a lot of people are taking it and and seem to think it does them good. So definitely going to try it.

Bev

robert0439
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry for the late input but I have not been on the site for a while.

I was diagnosed with smouldering Myeloma around 21 months ago and after reading “Margaret’s Blog”, decided to try a supplement regime which includes both Curcumin and Theracurmin. I read somewhere that it’s not about the dose, but more of what you can absorb. Evidently, neither of the above absorb too well, so I take both krill oil and flaxseed which adds to the absorbtion rate and I also take this on an empty stomach. My last set of blood tests which I have taken every two months at my local hospital, were the best I had seen and my Paraprotein level was stable at 28g/L which, in reality, I don’t know if my so called regime is doing any good, but psychologically it certainly helps me so I will be keeping this up. By the way, I buy all my supplements from Swanson Health Products in the States, where even after paying UK VAT at 20% and an £8.00 management/handling charge, they are still much cheaper than any UK outlet that I know of. Their Customers Services are also excellent.

Kind regards to all you “smoulderers” out there.

Robert

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Curcumin?’ is closed to new replies.