Curcumin supplements

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sachbarnes 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

pk
    Participant

I am looking for advice/guidance to buy it. Could someone please recommend reputable brands/doses/websites including UK & abroad(taxes,delivery,custom charges?) Which you have used/happy with services. I am worried about getting fake products despite spending money.
    Thank you!

mulberry
    Participant

I have been using Dr Best high absorption curcumin with bioperine, 1000mg tablets for almost 3 years. This is the brand used by the’Margarets Corner’ blogger who has been living with smouldering myeloma for 18 years, and was used by Dienneke Fergusson whose myeloma treatment was written up in British Medical Journal. In the UK this is expensive, the cheapest place I have found it is (online) Dolphin Fitness £63. However if you know someone in USA who could buy it for you, it is around £31 from Amazon.com.

It appears to be significant to get a curcumin described as C3 complex, curcumin, demethoxycurcumin & bisdemethoxycurcumin.

If you use a different brand (which may be just as effective), check mg of curcumin in tablets, some contain very little, whereas the brand I use contains 1000mg. I then take 8 of these a day, using the Margaret’s Corner protocol which I recommend you read. It can be found online as a blog and now also on Facebook. Don’t embark on 8 a day straight away, but gradually build up over a period of weeks, this is detailed in the blog.

I dont know whether curcumin is effective against all Myelomas, probably not, given not all patients respond to any myeloma treatment. However I know that it initially brought my paraproteins down from 43g/l to 30g/l when I was on no other treatment. It has certainly halted the progression of osteoarthritis I had prior to myeloma diagnosis and the autoimmune thyroid disease (Hashimotos) that I was diagnosed with alongside myeloma, so for me the anti inflammatory effect seems significant.
    My consultant is aware of my taking curcumin.

sachbarnes
    Participant

hi, mulberry Jane you are a wealth of knowledge, very helpful. I had a question on curcumin but will start a thread as it includes other supplements.

however, check out iherb.com for the doctors best c3 complex from magarets corner. they are a massive site in the US, very reputable, and ship to UK as long as its under £130. It works out to £35 for the 1000mg 120 tabs inc all taxes shipping etc if you use their WELCOME25 with 25% off. They regularly have 20-25% off offers so can stock up when they do, or always get friends/family to order too. Even without the discounts its the cheapest I found in the UK, and dad has been using these for a few months.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.