Daily Mail Article

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  admin 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Hi All

For my sins, I read the Daily Mail Online website (Don't judge me!). Anyway, today there was an article about 5 woman who married men they didn't love for very different reasons. The third couple in the article, Patricia and Jason met when they were very young and Jason was subsequently diagnosed with Myeloma, with tumours on his spine. Seems after treatment he was cancer free for 4 years, but it came back with a vengeance. He had a "grim prognosis" but had a STC. He has now been cancer free for 9 years. What a great story!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1372168/Could-marry-man-didnt-love-These-women-did–VERY-different-reasons-So-relationships-fared-since.html

Funny how since being diagnosed myself, I see references to myeloma all the time now.It was even mentioned in the last episode of Waking the Dead!

Traceyx

Perkymite
    Participant

Yes Tracey, I had never heard of Myeloma. In "Waking the dead? one of the characters had been diagnosed with Myeloma. Hey, perhaps we are becoming the ?In? cancer to have!!!!!!
    Kindest regards

David

KWilson
    Participant

Yes, it's like when you buy a new car, everyone else seems to have the same make/model/colour LOL!

xxxxxxxxxx

Perkymite
    Participant

OK, I forced myself to read the articles in the Dailey Mail Online , please do not tell my friends, under the banner "it will be character building", just joking of course.

I thought the Myeloma story was very moving.

Kindest regards

eve
    Participant

Hi Perkymite

At least you have a good chance of not being infertile LOL,Perkymite what a lovely nam on wards and upwards πŸ˜›

Perkymite
    Participant

Perky mite translates in my mind to – happy little insect or cheerful small person!

I used to play Age of Empires on the internet and I played under that name, why I picked it I am not really sure. I am now regarded as small 5'7 1/2, (I was 5'7 1/4 but when they fixed my neck they found they had increased my height by ΒΌ inch ? this is true not an April fools joke) and I would regard myself as cheerful so perhaps there is the reason, who knows what was at the back of my mind at the time, it is so long ago. I do know my wife thinks it fits me to a T:-S

Kindest regards

David

p.s. I had the snip 35 years ago so Infertility is not an issue πŸ˜€

Gill
    Participant

I think that Myeloma is still quite an unusual cancer (trust my husband to get something unusual) but when we first saw the head of haematology at King's College Hospital he said that mm was considered to be "quite a sexy subject for research at the moment"

I take it that means there is a great deal of research being done so maybe it will come to the fore a little bit more. Gillxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi I too confess to reading the mail but I will say in my defence it is only because its the only free one now!! It was a good story though love Bridget x

pjollop
    Participant

I knew if I waited long enough I'd come into fashion πŸ˜€

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Tracey

I have just arrived in Spain and on the aircraft I also read the story and could not wait to get to a computer to tell it. I was feeling so down and it is such a "good feel" story.
    Best wishes Jean x

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Jean

I hope you and frank have a great holiday and come back nice and relaxed with a good sun tan
    Love Jo 😎

BADGER
    Participant

Dear David

You are a very cheerful person always trying to give is a good story
    I think your name suits you well keep us laughing

Love Jo x:-P

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Bridget

I too read the mail on line it saves buying a paper I was wondering how you are if you are now getting over the worst side effects of the revlimid
    has you RT treatment relieved your pain

Lots of love Jo x8-)

admin
    Keymaster

I've always been ahead of the trends (without even trying) so I reckon MM is the in cancer to have for sure.

admin
    Keymaster

Is there a connection between the fact that she didn't love him and his getting the Myeloma.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Daily Mail Article’ is closed to new replies.