Dara monthly maintenance

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kh0305 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lafleck
    Participant

My husband is just coming to the end of his 24 weeks of DVD treatment. Thinking about the monthly Dara maintenance, does anyone have any experience of how rigid the 28 day treatment regimen is? Could this be extended somewhat to allow for a holiday?

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hello laflack

Your are best asking your medical team, but from what I know about it I think the answer is probably yes.

Hope this helps
    David

gcoulter
    Participant

Hi

Absolutely we’ve done this a couple of times. Our Haematology team are very good and understand the need to keep living otherwise whats the point of the treatment.
    Some of the more junior doctors don’t understand this and will stick to the “script”. However most recognise this is a marathon and a bit of flexibility is needed, as a break from treatment can make a huge difference in terms of a mental refresh.
    My wife has taken a month off and had the 4 week cycle postponed by a couple of weeks to accommodate a holiday.
    At the end of the day it is your choice the Haematology are there to ensure you make an informed one. Take care.

kh0305

Hi
    I would just echo the above and say speak with your medical team as ours have always been really helpful in adapting and giving advice when dad has gone away which makes things that bit easier and more enjoyable! xx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.