Daratumumab maintenance treatment

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mulberry 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lafleck
    Participant

My husband has been on monthly Dara maintenance now for nearly 9 months, following his second line of treatment (DVD). He routinely gets debilitating diarrhoea, which at times is so sudden it is interfering with his day to day life. A pattern of 7 to 10 days post treatment seems to have emerged. He takes Loperamide as soon as this occurs and his GP has suggested that he introduce a daily capsule from day 1 of the cycle. This is what he will do from his next treatment. Has anyone had a similar experience? Thank you.

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hello lafleck

Sorry to hear that your husband is having problems which may be linked to Dara maintenance. I assume that it’s the subcutaneous injection he has in the tummy every 4 weeks.

I’m now on Cycle 47 of Dara maintenance and fortunately no real problems except for the dexi fatigue a few days afterwards.

I know that some patients on dara maintenance have their treatment given by IV on a drip, takes a lot longer but may be worth you exploring this as an option.

Hope this helps.
    David

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hello All

Quick update on 2nd line maintenance. Started cycle 50 of monthly maintenance this week. Bloods and pps all normal. Came home and popped open a rather posh bottle of red wine as a small treat on reaching my half century!

Hope this helps.

David

mulberry
    Participant

Congratulations David!
    I’ve just started cycle 5, so still weekly appointments at the moment. I hope I get to cycle 50! That must be about 3 yrs 3 months so far?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.