Doctors said i might have Myeloma

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mulberry 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

johnny1961
    Participant

Doctors said i might have Myeloma well one did the other is not so sure.

My live function last two times show higher protein level and that’s why they think i might have Myeloma.

Was wondering if anyone else could make theym high ?

I already have all this below to deal with.

Emphysema
    moderate bilateral osteoarthritis
    Diabetes type 2
    Cataracts both eyes
    Gallstones
    gastroesophageal reflux disease
    High blood pressure
    Enlarged prostate
    ingrowing toe nails

mulberry
    Participant

Hi Johnny1961, I’m sorry that you haven’t had any replies, I think that’s because none of us are doctors and as patients we haven’t got the expertise to answer your question.
    The definitive way of detecting myeloma is by bone marrow biopsy, looking for cancer cells in the bone marrow. Whatever presentation of myeloma we have had, this is the only conclusive test, so you may want to ask the doctor for this, even though it is often painful. Diagnosis isn’t easy for drs as there are many different potential presenting problems,most of which could be indicative of minor health issues (eg back pain, fatigue). The key usual myeloma presentations are high calcium levels in the blood, renal problems, anaemia and/or bone lesions, which 80% of us have at diagnosis.
    I hope that it turns out that you do not have myeloma to add to your health issues, but if you do, the myeloma community and Myeloma UK will be here for you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.