Encouraging News

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  mhnevill 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

susan123
    Participant

Hi All,

Just a bit of uplifting news for all the people going through a transplant at the moment. In January I was given four months reprieve of my consultant visits. I am now 4 years and 3 months post transplant,I only had partial remission after transplant and yesterday I was given a further four months free of consultant visits as bloods etc. are still normal.

I hope this will encourage everyone going through treatment at this time to 'never give up' I am over the moon,

Love Sue x

eve
    Participant

Hi Sue

So happy for you, soon be every 6 months like Tom,you must be looking at the world differently now,I hope you make lots of plans to do so much with your future ,life is for living,so enjoy,or as Tom wouls say if he wasn,t enjoying the sun in Spain, On ward and Upward. Love Eve

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Sue

You are so right it is very encouraging news. Long may it continue

Best wishes Jean

Vicki
    Participant

Yes sue that's very encouraging, always good to hear the good news stories 🙂

Vicki and Colin xxx

Mothas
    Participant

Susan that's great to hear and a boost for those of us with imminent SCTs.

tom

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi Sue,

This is great news!!:-D And very encouraging.

Warm wishes
    Karen
    xx

susan123
    Participant

I am sure you will get through it all ok Tom, it's not easy but very doable,( I think that's spelt right ) just listen to your body and rest when you need to rest and take one day at a time tackling everything as it arises.

Love Sue x

ner
    Participant

That really is great news Sue and very encouraging. My mum is due to have her transplant in july so we are all extremely anxious now. Hearing things like this helps motivate us and makes us carry on!

Ner x

susan123
    Participant

I wish your mother all the best in her transplant journey, as I said to Tom it's not easy but very doable, just listen to your body and rest when you need to rest and take one day at a time tackling everything as it arises, if you look on the forum there are other tips for sct's. Get plenty of anti sickness meds and plenty to read etc, as boredom maybe the biggest enemy.

Good Luck

Love Sue x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Sue

So glad to hear your good news. Just goes to show what a strange disease this is, when your partial remission has bought you a much longer remission than some who had full remission.

May you have many, many more treatment free years.

Love

Mavis x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Encouraging News’ is closed to new replies.