Eye, Eye

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

DaiCro
    Participant

I went for an eye test yesterday because all my existing glasses, prescription sunglasses included, are all next to useless.:-(

Following my SCT in 2010 my prescription improved by ten years! Yesterday showed they had improved quite dramatically once again.8-)

Has anyone else 'suffered' such improvements, up or down, following treatments?:-)

Just curious.;-)

Dai

BADGER
    Participant

Hell Dia

I hope you are keeping well at least we are both still here I have just finished my tour of duty with the Velcade yippee:-) been having it since last November with a couple of breaks for pneumonia Doc said I am in remission hope it lasts a long time as for my eyes they have got worse I think its the Dex it seems to affect my eyes quite badly I hope they settle now I am off it for a while:-P
    Keep well
    love Jo x

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Jo

Great news. Hope you get a long remission

Maureen x

tom
    Participant

Hi Dai

I have my eyes tested (was) every two years so I have had mine done twice since I was MM'ed a slight weakness first time but no change this time (just had them done)

Shame it dunt work that way with my hair He he could do with a lot more now cold weather is rearing its ugly head.

Good To see (no pun intended) you are doing great for a change, and now you will be able to see (pun intended) your clear path to remission 🙂

Tom Onwards and Upwards x

scott9
    Participant

Hello Dai

I was just thinking today that you had been very quiet now for a while. I was starting to get worried about you. Really glad all seems OK for you. I've actually developed cataracts since I got this blasted disease. Once I have recovered some strength fro my SCT, I have to get the lenses cut out and replaced so I can see a bit better. My goodness, if its not one thing, its something else!!!

All the best

Scott

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hello Dai,

Good to hear you are doing well.

I had my eyes tested about 3 weeks ago, they are the same as my last visit (a year before diagnosis), the optician said that my vision is better than the average for my age!! So that could count as an improvement ?

Some good news 😉

Take care
    Karen
    x

happyheartsfan
    Participant

You lucky b@rtewart! Had my stem cell transplant and can't see what's before me.. Never needed glasses for reading before but do so now. Can't tie on my fishing flies without asda's finest. Up side, I am still fishing . Thought I might have more time to do so but unemployment means I'm looking after the wean. Harder than working. I do have more and darker hair than before and I'm told I I may get improvement in my eyesight so will settle for that!

happyheartsfan
    Participant

You lucky b@rtewart! Had my stem cell transplant and can't see what's before me.. Never needed glasses for reading before but do so now. Can't tie on my fishing flies without asda's finest. Up side, I am still fishing . Thought I might have more time to do so but unemployment means I'm looking after the wean. Harder than working. I do have more and darker hair than before and I'm told I I may get improvement in my eyesight so will settle for that!

Vicki
    Participant

Hey

Well done Dai, you need some good luck, fancy that major eye improvements. Keep battering the mm and all is well 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Maureen

thank you very much for your kind wishes
    Regards Jo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Eye, Eye’ is closed to new replies.