Final Goodbye to Patrick

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Scotty 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tina
    Participant

Firstly I would like to say thankyou Dai for your lovely message, I could not reply at the time as I found it too painful.
    Patrick was cremated on Wednesday and we held a Memorial Service at Chiltern Woodland Burial Park where his ashes were interned next to his younger brother who died suddenly two years ago.
    I re-wrote the tribute several times adding in the never ending emails and messages received from family,friends and colleagues. The ceremony celebrated Pats life and acknowledged his brave battle, it also brought many smiles and much laughter which was something Pat was able to bring to many in his life, I will miss him forever.
    Thankyou for your support along the rocky road, if there are any questions I can help with especially those regarding treatment after Revlimid I will surely try to help.

Love to you all

Tina

susannah
    Participant

Hi Tina Patrick is at peace now from this b illness. You are so brave offering support to others, but im sure after reading Patricks posts that is what he would have wanted

Love
    Suex

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Tina,

I recently wrote this as part of a response to another thread in the 'Off Topic' section. It regards Janet and her watching over me.

'I catch her, in quiet moments, with her eyes upon me, quietly drinking me in, assaying her thoughts… and I leave her be.

I am her here and now, she is my beautiful. In the days to come, through their desire to please me, touch me, give or take from me, my children and family will delve with loving eyes, minds and hearts and hope to get close to an understanding of what they are seeking.

Not Janet. She knows the secret.

When I am gone, when memory takes over, from the rawest memories of the first days to the mellowest of the last, she will simply say to herself, with utter conviction:

I was loved'.

And so were you Tina, and so were you. xxx

Dai.

Scotty
    Participant

Oh Dai… that's so beautifully written… I've come back to it several times now and it still hits me.

What a stunning observation, and one I am sure many of us and our other halves, on good days and the bad ones, will softly raise eybrows and nod along to.

Wishing you Tina, all the best at this terribly sad time.

Scotty.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Final Goodbye to Patrick’ is closed to new replies.