First post!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  feaseyjane 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

grady
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I have been reading the posts on the site for over a year. I was diagnosed with asymptomatic myeloma in December 2011. I also have systemic lupus (SLE). I am under the care of a consultant rheumatologist and a haematology consultant. My problem when I see the haematologist is that I can't distinguish between what is lupus and what may be a "new pain". However I am now having new back and rib pain and I have been given a very quick appointment to go and see the haematologist on Monday morning.
    I work full time and I have a lovely husband and daughter and close pals but I am renowned for keeping all my challenges to myself.
    I am astounded by the courage shown by you all and also how kind you are to each other and newcomers to the site. I just wanted to say hello as I feel I will be posting on the site after the appointment on Monday.

Bye for now.

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Norma, Welcome to the forum; it is a funny old place not a place you want to be but on the other hand you can meet some real nice people and make some good friends. I wish you well on your appointment Monday.

I think it is going to be a long night for me again. I have just come off Tramadol, which makes you sleep for the world, and I think I am in withdrawal. Last night I tried to fight it and just ended up keeping the wife awake. Tonight I thought I would come and do some work on my computer until the eyelids closed and then sneak into bed before they opened again, and I wake the wife LOL

I have Myeloma G (the bog standard sort) and was diagnosed in 2009. I am just relapsing from my Stem Cell Transplant (SCT) which was in Dec 2010. But all in all I have had a smooth path so far. Unfortunately, I have recently been diagnosed with Advanced Prostate Cancer. I am having Hormone Therapy Treatment (HTT) for that and it is that which is keeping me awake. I seem to oscillate between Hot Flushes (now I know what you ladies suffer) and something I call creeping skin, it is like your whole skin has little bugs under it! As you have been reading our posts for a year you probably already know that LOL!

Anyway back to the job in hand. We will look forward to hearing more from you.

Kindest regards ? Vasbyte

David

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Norma

Just wanted to say all the best for Monday. I do hope you don't get the news you fear, but, if you do, we are all here to support you.

Very best wishes.

Mavis x

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Norma,

Best wishes for Monday……do not keep the challenges to yourself! This is what the good friends, family and this forum are about. Providing the help and support that you and the ones closest to you needs. It is a very individual condition, mm, but one that is treatable. It must be hard when you have the lupus as well but keep strong. Part of that is talking when you are worried and saying when you feel good as that will also give your loved ones a boost.

My partner Colin was diagnosed in October 2011 and had a transplant in November 2012 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

john62
    Participant

Good look on monday the people on hear ar great
    i bumpted in to some of them on saterday at the leeds
    info day should have gone to spec savers he he

john

tom
    Participant

Hi Norma

A warm welcome to you 😀 this group is a great one as and when you need it to ask or even rant and rave.

I had a SCT in December 2009 and am now Drug free and in remission, its a bit of a haul am afraid but a Doable.
    Good Luck for Monday and you know now we are here for and with you all the way.

Tom Onwards and upwards xx

grady
    Participant

Thank you for your replies to my first post. I am feeling more confident knowing you are all there to offer support and advice!

All the best to you all.

Norma

grady
    Participant

Hi Jane

I am just home. Haematologist sent me for X-rays and had bloods taken as usual.
    He can't see lesions but there is something going on and he wants someone else to have a look. If I get any pins or needles I have to phone him immediately. I already have pins and needles and strange aches and pains because of lupus. So I will just have to be more vigilant. With you having lupus you know what it's like trying to decide what's a new pain.

I am in Fife where are you?

Thanks for contacting me.

Norma

feaseyjane
    Participant

Hi Norma

Hope everything went well today

Jane x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘First post!’ is closed to new replies.