For all newly diagnosed

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  wearyrat 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

fred66
    Participant

Hi all

Its been a while since ive posted on the site
    My name is Fred and was diagnosed with Myeloma in April 2005.
    It was just before my 39th birthday. My disease was aggressive and did not respond to 1st line of treatment therefore classed as refractory.
    To cut a very long story short, Ive had 2 Stemcell transplants, Thalidomide, Pomalidomide, Velcade, Daratumumab and now Lenalidomide.
    Ive had fractured vertebrae, ribs and femur which have healed with effective Lenolidomide.

With good fortune and wonderful support from loved ones and most importantly, fantastic care from my medical team, im still here after 18 and a half years, and in relatively good health.

Best wishes everybody

mulberry
    Participant

Very inspiring experience, not just for those newly diagnosed but for the rest of us who haven’t responded as well as we had hoped.
    Thank you for posting.
    Jane

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hello Fred

Thanks for sharing your story which will give all myeloma patients and carers a lot of encouragement.

As they say, myeloma … it’s a marathon not a sprint!

David

taffd
    Participant

Hi Fred,
    You’re the second person I’ve heard of this week, who’s passed the 18 year mark.

Congrats and Keep Going.

Best Regards
    Taff

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  taffd.

tony642

Well done Fred, an inspiration to all those who are suffering and wondering what the future holds. Stories such as these give hope.

Regards, Tony

wearyrat
    Participant

18 years is fantastic may it continue and best wishes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.