Funny Dex Story Anyone?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Min 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

Sorry to start a new thread but did not quite know where to put this.

Stephen is well enough that I now allow him to go out on his own 🙂 as long as it is not too far.

He wanted to go to the bank Thursday morning and on the way back he called into Tescos as he decided we would have a slap up lunch as he was feeling so much better. He queued up at the till behind a couple who he described as "like us" 60ish and ordinary. The man put his hand in his pocket and as he took his hand out he spilled his Tesco card and credit card on the floor.

Stephen said excuse me, no reply, Stephen tapped the man on the shoulder, no response, Stephen tapped his shoulder again and the man turned around. "Excuse me" said Stephen "but you have dropped your cards on the floor" In Stephen's words he received the filthiest of looks and the man picked the cards up off the floor without a word.

He came home outraged by this man's rudeness. He did not rant or rage in Tescos but came home and became very angry and yes he is back on dex. so the anger was huge. When I told my daughter this she agreed that Stephen had every right to be very angry with the man's rudeness.

STOP I said and told her this. After Stephen had calmed down I went and got a mirror. Last week my idiot husband managed to trip up a step when he was taking the dog for a walk. He ended up with a lovely black eye and a gash on his head that shows up as his hair has not quite grown back as it was since the chemo (he's now a bit of a skinhead). On top of that he was wearing a black crombie(sp) overcoat. On top of that what was in his basket? Packets of very yummy shellfish and TWO bottles of white wine. On top of [b]that[/b] despite mm shrinking him a bit he is still built like the proverbial brick ****house and the drugs have swelled him up like a chipmunk.

He laughed like a drain when he looked in the mirror and said that if he had been the man he would have thought he was being attacked by a mafioso wino that had just come from some street battle and run!!

We then had a very yummy lunch. Obviously we did not do 2 bottles of wine but there was not a great deal left in the first;-)
    Gillxxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Gill that was priceless !!As someone who cant queue without scowling when I am on the lovely dex it strikes a chord!! Perhaps Stephen should wear a hat and glasses for a while in case he is on a wanted list !! Thankyou for starting my day with a smile love to you both Bridget x

Min
    Participant

Gill
    I do hope Stephens black eye is healing to a lovely greenish yellow by now. I was amused as last time Peter was on Dex he almost had a punch up with a queue jumper on a garage forecourt.
    How is the Puppy settling in? still keeping you up at nights or now sleeping with her new brother.
    also hope Stephen is coping with Velcade and look forward to hearing how he is progressing.
    Peter is at clinic tomorrow, two week check following new Revlamid finally settling down to it but dreadful cramps mostly down to not drinking sufficient, when taking water tablets. Once I can teach him to drink more he will be better, but its a struggle
    Min

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Funny Dex Story Anyone?’ is closed to new replies.