Leg Cramps & Bar of soap!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tom 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Min
    Participant

I feel sure that many patients undergoing treatments must have leg cramps from time to time. Peter has had them for a while now and tried the Q19 something or other tablets but they don't last long enough thru the night. Been reading up on it doing the dreaded research as its obviously a thing that prevents him from getting a good nights sleep, jumping up to get a cold surface to stand on….. Came across a bar of soap treatment.
    Has anyone on here tried it does it work? We are a household of liquid soap so don't have any in the house apart from those ones you collect from hotel rooms. But will try it to see if it works.
    If you have not heard of it ….you put a bar of toilet soap(why is it called toilet soap?) at the foot of the bed between the sheets and mattress.
    Here goes… help me out here and give it a go, so I can tell him others have tried it.. before he calls me a witch!
    Otherwise have a laugh on me
    Min

tom
    Participant

Hi Min
    Well Witch is not a word i would use about you (tom whispers "as she might put a spell on me") 😎

Like your Home ours is the same Runny Soap as I call it he he.

I did suffer cramp for a little time and would have used Toilet Soap or even Runny Soap to help ha ha.

Might have to take the Young Bride away in a hotel to Nick the toilet Soap in case it comes back.ha ha

Tom xx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Min I will keep this suggestion in mind should I get cramp but at least my feet would smell nice!If you were really a witch it would have been frogs legs or worse!! That I couldnt handle love Bridget x

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Min

I think i did read something about conkers in the bed!! Could have dreamt it or read in my witches hand book.>:-)

sarah

Perkymite
    Participant

NO, NO Sarah, conkers are used to keep spiders away. My wife religiously collects them every year, drills a little hole in then, and then puts them in corners all around the house. I have got to be honest it does seem to work.

Since coming home from SCT my legs at night have felt "funny" like there is no blood circulating below the knees, normally when I am in bed. I have taken to wearing bed socks and although my feet now get hot sometimes it seems to have cured it and my legs feel great.

(Mental picture for you all; bald old man going upstairs to bed with nightgown, bed socks, little cap with tassel and candle:-D 😀 😀 ) God, is that really ME, well not quite I have exaggerated a bit – I don?t have a candle 😉

Min
    Participant

Found a bar of proper soap in the holiday bag, (Pears do you remember the pears advert) and can confirm it did NOT work. Picture this. Me with acute sciatica, and Peter with leg cramps. Up and down all night In fact he got worse if anything. so rang up and got a prescription for quinine off his GP. Will let you know if it works.
    Min

zasrs
    Participant

Sorry david!

I knew that conkers did something!!

Maybe quinine is the answer. Does tonic water have quinine in it? Maybe a few gin and tonic at bedtime may help until a script is available.

Sarah

Gill
    Participant

Hi MIn

I am sorry that the Co-Enzyme Q 10 did not work for Peter. What strength was he taking? Stephen started out on 120mg which is what I was taking because of cramp due to taking beta blockers. It worked for a while but started coming back. He now takes 200mg and is much better.

Touch wood he does not get cramp in his calf muscles any more although he does, sometimes, get a bit of cramp in his middle fingers. I think it is because he sleeps on his back with his hands clasped over his chest. He says it will save anybody laying him out !!! (my husband has a very sick sense of humour)

gill xx

tom
    Participant

Lol with Gill, sounds like Peter's sense of humour is same as mine ha ha.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Leg Cramps & Bar of soap!’ is closed to new replies.