Hair

This topic contains 23 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

shirley
    Participant

Hi Faith,i'm on my second growth with my hair,like you found it dry and brittle,i just use normal shampoo for dry and brittle hair,but before i use the hairdryer i put a very small drop of serum on my hand and massage it through my hair,it stops it frizzing,don;t look dry at all,just soft and shiney,hope you have found something and good look. 🙂

PeterJames
    Participant

Hi Tom
    They should use your chrome dome to test all these miracle hair growth cures , then when it has come back , god knows what colour, dry , you can test all the magic chemicals to keep it as shown on adverts
    Onwards & upwards could be your hair
    Notice I cracked the pic, job
    Kind regards
    Peter

tom
    Participant

Hi Peter
    I just might google that later see if they need a Chrome Dome for testing Ha ha, Lord Knows about the Colour it might be as i have Ginger in me also ha ha.

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" and Giner he he

Great Pic BTW 😎

PeterJames
    Participant

Hi Tom
    When I was an apprentice we used to call the works manager who was as bald as a. Badger, chrome dome
    I was once very ginger, with matching ginger beard & temper to go with it
    Now I am more grey to white, small sign of old age, lost the temper bit as well
    Maybe if it all falls out it will come back thick & ginger, one can only hope
    Nobody else in our family is ginger, makes one wonder what my Mother was up to !
    Peter

Perkymite
    Participant

Hair Hair I could not agree more – sorry could not resist it.

I am on my second lot of hair now. My hair has been very thin all my life so I was quite surprised when people noticed when I lost my first lot. I now have my hair back again although I notice it has not come back under my armpits this time nor has the five hairs I had on my manly chest returned, which made me weep a bit (I use to grow them long and I combed them across my chest just below my gold medalion). But, on my head it did come back thicker and darker the second time.

I am now going through treatment for Advanced Prostate Cancer and I am told that I will lose my hair yet again. Mind you I am not really worried about that it is the large breasts that I might grow with the hormone treatment that worries me. (the wife told me the other day that she has stopped throwing out her old bras for me ? not much sympathy there then!).

Kindest regards ? vasbyte

David

PeterJames
    Participant

Hi David
    This men's hair business is serious stuff
    How far down does this hair loss go then ?
    Still got good crop on top , beard, hairy arms & very hairy chest & back, not going further down than that lot !
    Not got any gold to bury in the hair, not quite ready for a bra, need corset to cope with increasing weight as this lot makes me more greedy than normal , which is pretty greedy anyway !
    I have been watched re PSA for many years as Dad died of prostrate cancer & Brother had the full monty in 1995 , but they left small amount of cancerious tissue which requires hormones on a regular basis
    I think my steroids kicked up my PSA, so had MRI scan two weeks ago which came back clear & PSA dropped a little, not that high anyway 18 down to 11
    Kind regards
    Peter

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Peter, I lost all my bodily hair accept my eyebrows :-S . Have no idea why not the eyebrows. Both times 🙁

Originally I, like most men over 65, had a swollen prostate and I was being monitored in 2008/9. Then Myeloma reared its ugly head and as my prognosis at the time was 2-3 years max, sale by date being July 2012, we kind of forgot about the prostate problem. However, as I was clearly not going to pop my clogs July this year I thought I had better have a PSA test and low and behold a PSA of 50. Gleason score 9, advanced prostate cancer. I had an MRI and Nuclear hip Scan and both came out clear so it has not spread to the bones. I have been informed that I am being recommended for 35 doses of radiotherapy. My Hospital appointment is next Monday when I will know more.

Kind regards ? vasbyte

David

Nettie
    Participant

Hi Tom
    The L'Oreal oil would give your head an 'Extraordinary' shine!!!!!! 😀
    Nettie

tom
    Participant

Hi Peter and all

I lost all Hair cept my eye lashes but I gould feel those falling out as the time went, but me I was balder than a Coot (if a coot is bald??)
    so no more nasty Nose hair nor ear hair that needed trimming lol

Nettie I trid the The L'Oreal oil and it was great folk could see the shine in the dark Lol.

so for all of us that are or going to be bald for winter I suggest a good warm Hat 🙂

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" x

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Hair’ is closed to new replies.