It's 4 years ago today…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  robbojnn 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

adamsp41
    Participant

that my Stem Cells were given back to me and am still in stringent complete remission…just like to take this opportunity to thank certain groups…Myeloma UK and Macmillan..for advice/help and understanding when needed….but mainly to my Haematology Team at St James’s Hospital..Bexley Wing.. Leeds…1st class team…thanks guys…Phil

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by  adamsp41.

keithmt
    Participant

That’s great news Phil, well done! It’s always great to hear about long remissions (mine’s only 6 months so far) as that’s the holy grail we’re all looking for.

Keep well,

Keith

robbojnn
    Participant

thats the kind of encouraging news thats always good to hear ,congrats.

i was on myeloma xi had 4 cycles last year not complete remission but very close, i went to see tranplant co-ordinator last wed and i’ve now got my sct timetable, going friday for high  dose of cyclophosphamide,then following wed for gcsf   injections to mobilise stem cells)   then from the following mon in every day  for bloods till im ready to harvest. then the fun part,harvest  admission and transplant. Funny thing with this for long periods of time nothing seems to be happening then all of a sudden its all systems go.I used to sit here willing things to hurry up,move on. Now its round the corner i can’t lie i am slightly nervous/worried etc.  The ridiculous thoughts/questions/worries in my head is vast but i know this procedure is a good thing and i’m looking forward to  a hopefully long remission and  back to a bit of normality with my family.One thing that seems very common due to condition and medication is emotional highs and lows,one minute i’m playing with my sons (14&8)  thinking how lucky and proud i am of both of them,the next minute i’m praying that i see them both grow up,leave school,get a job,settle down etc. The thought of them growing up without a dad tears me apart, being a dad is the proudest thing i’ve done with my life and i enjoy every minute of it. i do think positive attitude has to help so i’m always looking forward and i don’t let it get me down.Sorry for the rant just quite emotional at the moment, good luck to everyone on here   and i shall  update after sct

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by  robbojnn.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘It's 4 years ago today…’ is closed to new replies.