Hello everybody and itchyness…

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  DaiCro 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

comfortablynumb
    Participant

Oh, I wasn't sure whether to say hi in here or the Newcomers Forum.

I was on the old site, but can't remember my log in name. However, this new site looks good and seems to be popular.

My name is John and I have MM.

I am just over 14 months remission following an autograft at The Royal Marsden. Feeling great/ back to work/ back into my music again/ only got one side effect. I have to take "Itchy tabs" as I call them. I get itchy skin and these tablets make it go away. I have had this since treatment 14 months ago and I consider I have got off pretty lightly. Itchy skin? Crucifixion's far worse!

Anyway. Best wishes to you all, especially those in hospital at the moment. Keep smiling.

Perkymite
    Participant

Welcome to the new site John, yes, it is going to be a lot better than the old one once we all get used to it and they nail down the minor problems.

Sorry I cannot help you with the itchy skin problem but I am sure one of the more knowledgable members will be able to help.

Kindest regards

David

p.s. Actually I think your post should have been under Side Effects, LOL.

hellwing
    Participant

Hi John, I guess by your username that you are into pink floyd?

Lee

comfortablynumb
    Participant

Ah yes, Lee amongst many other bands. I used to teach guitar and lost at least one kid through teaching him "Wish You Were Here" instead of his exam work.

Is your username your real name – or the name of a Black Metal band 🙂

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi John,

As a fellow muso I have been wondering about the logistics of putting on a concert – by mm'ers, carers, family and friends etc. as a promo/fundraiser. Any thoughts?

Dai.

comfortablynumb
    Participant

I have a new band and I was wondering if I could persuade them to do something – possibly next summer.

hellwing
    Participant

Cool, my name is my real name lol and my brother is in a floyd tribute band playing guitar:)

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi John,

I'm off out tonight to play at a local session – the first time in twenty odd months; feeling strangely nervous. :-S

Dai.

comfortablynumb
    Participant

Lee – I auditioned for a Floyd tribute band once in Mill Hill. Didn't get the job, but had a great evening and met some nice chaps. I have seen the Aussie Floyd tribute a few times.

Dai – You big baby! 😉 I played in my duo at a wedding a month or so back and that was the first time live since SCT. It was a doddle apart from the packing-up. (And clearing away all the ladies underwear that had been thrown onstage, of course 🙁 ). Good luck with it mate

Mari
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I am home alone tonight because Steve is out at his first band practice since his SCT. The first sign of him feeling better was the sound of the guitar in the house again. I am chufffed that he is back with the boys again, as are they.

I am sure he would be interested in doing something musical with everyone if there was a chance,

I hope your gig went well last night Dai,

Mari

brocho
    Participant

Hi everyone what a brilliant idea !!You would get plenty of support from us mmersand it would be great fun too love Bridgetx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Mari,

It sounds like there are quite a few muso's within our clan, perhaps the idea of a concert should be taken seriously – I will start a train of thought about it when the present one has left my station (I'm a one platform kind of guy these days).

I didn't make it out, I got very tired during the day and my inner voice said 'no, not this time'… but I am thinking about another session a bit further away tonight – we will see.

Dai.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hello everybody and itchyness…’ is closed to new replies.