Hello

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  lin46 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

lin46
    Participant

Just would like to say hello to everyone. I have been coming on this site for over 2 years my mum has Myeloma, she was diagnosed in 2009 my sister and i are her carers. My brother is helping as well.My mum has good family support but some people dont, which i find quite sad my sister is the one who does all the disscussions on here and posts no good two of us doing the same we have also done some fundraising as well raffle tombola and coffee mornings and dress down day also just attended a myeloma day and met other people who have myeloma and there carers which helped a lot also the people from myeloma uk have been really supotive sending e mails and helping with leaflets ect for our fundraising this site is a godsend, just would like to wish everyone well Linda x

Perkymite
    Participant

Welcome Linda it is nice to hear from you. Your Mum muat be real proud of her very active family. Keep up the good work and regards to your mother.

Kindest regards

David

brocho
    Participant

Hi Linda welcome from me too , you will always find support for you or your mum on here It sounds as if your mum is a lucky lady to have such lovely children , she must be very proud. Make sure you dont let myeloma take over your lives though and you go and have fun sometimes away from hospitals and all the stuff that goes with it love Bridget

lin46
    Participant

Thank you i know what you mean about it taking over, but we do have fun as well 😀

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Linda,

Nice to meet you. 🙂

I just wanted to say hello and to echo Bridget's excellent point about not allowing MM to define who you are and everything you do.

I tell my children that the best thing they can do to make me happy is to be happy themselves… that knowing they are healthy and whole and engaged in life, for the long term, is all I would ever want from them… and that includes all of the little bits of life that glues the big bits together.

Regards to you and yours 🙂

Dai.

Gill
    Participant

Hello Linda

It's great to know there are folk like you raising money for this sh***y illness Good luck Gill x

tom
    Participant

Hi Linda

A warm welcome to this great site.
    Good news on all your undressing events 😀

Love
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Elizellen
    Participant

It is lovely to her from you, Linda. Your mum is blessed to have such lovely supportive children.

Thank you for all the fundraising you have been doing as well.

Love
    Elizabeth
    XX
    X

lin46
    Participant

😀 Hello again everyone thank you for all your replies. This site is brilliant, it helps people to chat and discuss what they are going through because everyone is going through the same thing caring for someone with Myeloma or some who has Myeloma and yes my mum has got some very Supportive children, but mum has done a lot for her children has shes always worked hard and brought 6 children up and retired at 65 but when diagnosed with Myeloma she has never said she would give up shes a fighter and we will support her every step of the way. we also work and do have fun things. I love doing fundraising as well it makes me feel like i am helping we have done all kinds of fundraising we did a midnight wander and raised funds for a local hospice in june this year.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hello’ is closed to new replies.