hemoglobin

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  teds31 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Harmony
    Participant

Ted- can I just ask, are you a vegetarian?

pete
    Participant

Me no ted

teds31
    Participant

Hi Chrissie, No I’m not a vegetarian, and I dont have a special diet though I do eat quite a bit of fruit as this helps with the bowel problems. Hi Pete sorry you are having such a bad time ,infections of all sorts seem to be par for the course, but you must tell the Docs each time you have any health issues even if they dont seem to relate to MM, its a strange disease and you can never tell if other health issues are related. Ted

Harmony
    Participant

Hi Ted, Thanks for your response. Apologies for the interrogation- I’m just desperate to know more and do more like most of us smoulderers.

teds31
    Participant

Hi I’m back ,I am now having B12 injections (5) and tablets as they found I was anemic at my last appointment I am feeling a little less tired and a little more energy ,but I dont think I will be doing any marathons yet.I have got pains in my legs and I went into hospital just for two days to do tests but they said it was not MM and I am waiting now to see some vascular people ,because they think it is an artery problem, never a dull moment,serves me right I should never have said I did not have any treatment.Ted

teds31
    Participant

Hi Every one,
    I heard on Wednesday I am about to start my immunoglobulin trasfusions next Friday,I was really pleased ,but what happened on Thursday I started with a cold and now have a chest infection. I am taking antibiotics and steroids and things should clear up by hopefully Friday,perhaps they should have started the transfusions earlier but they are very busy and under a lot of pressure so I cant complain.When I went to the clinic last Wednesday there was 50 or more patients waiting we sat there for two and a half hours,and thats not unusual the record is 3 hours for a 10 mins interview, the NHS is under so much pressure but to keep 50 people with cancer that long aint good.I will let you know what happens with the transfusions.Take care, Ted

teds31
    Participant

been for the infusion it was painless and boring,had to sit there for about 4hrs the staff were marvelous.I go again on Dec 15th. ted

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘hemoglobin’ is closed to new replies.