Hi all xx

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

gina45
    Participant

Hi hope that you are all well. I have been coming on and checking on you all 🙂 but just thought i would bring you up to date on mum. Mum had her blood transfusions and they did bring her bloods back up. Mum is now back on revlimid but has refused the steroids as she said they make her ill. mum is back to having injections to stop her having clots.
    She isnt too well at the moment but is still bearing up. We are getting a wheelchair in the next week so that we can get her out of the house for a while.
    We did speak to the consultant and he said there are limited options left. but we keep going and hope that things get better.
    My sister and i have been for our flu jabs this morning to make sure we dont pass any infections on to mum.
    Anyway as Tom would say
    onwards and upwards, all of you take care and look after yourselves.
    Gina xx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Gina thank you so much for keeping us up to date on how mums keeping , she has been in my thoughts a lot lately and its good to hear she is back on treatment . I think getting out and about is a great idea for lifting your mums spirits , I know when the longer I am stuck indoors when poorly the worse I feel . Hopefully there are still a few sunshine days left to enjoy before the weather changes The very best thing for your mum is you though , its wonderful to hear how you take care of her and enjoy her company she must be so proud of you! Thanks for mentioning the flu jab I must remember to get ours done next week before I start on Bendamustine . Say hi to mum and keep smiling love Bridget x

gina45
    Participant

Hi Bridget, its lovely to hear from you. mum isnt too bad and we love our saturdays its my sister and my day to spend with mum where we can relax and not rush off for work.
    Dont you forget the flu jab, really important you stay as healthy as you can
    You take care.
    Gina xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Gina Mum and sister
    Glad to see you are still holding out:-)
    must be hard but try looking at some of the trials,you could always ask for a lower dose of Dex,it would give your mum a bit more energy.
    Must be hard maintaining a job,fitting your own family in,then looking after your mum,hope your mum takes advantage of all she is due to make her life a bit easier and your,s also.
    True as are jolly friend would say ON ward and upward:-)Love Eve

gina45
    Participant

Hi Eve, it is hard as my gran(mums mum) has got bowel cancer she is 92 and there is nothing they can do for her. mum is worried because of this. But she didnt seem too bad when we went seeing her yesterday so hopefully she may start to feel better soon with the revlimid. We go back to the consultant in 2 weeks which isnt bad as its when im off work so dont need to take time off. Anyway you take care of yourself Eve and will speak soon.
    Gina xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Gina

Pleased your Mom is getting on better:-D and dont go doing stunts with that wheelchair, but if your Mom wants to get it on you tube he he.

Love to you all and (((Hugs)))

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" with one or two wheelie's xxxx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hi all xx’ is closed to new replies.