Hi Folks (old and new)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

maryandteresa
    Participant

Hi

I've not been on the site much since Dad died at Easter but have been checking in on folks to see how everyone is doing.
    Things have been tough since we lost Dad but we are getting through it with a mixture of laughter and tears.
    Next week me and my sister are off to Ireland to see Dad's family which will be tough as we normally all go as a family and it will be difficult not having Dad there but it's another step we need to take.
    Anyway, since the site has been such a fab support to me over the past couple of years I have decided to take the plunge (quite literally) to raise money for Myeloma UK.
    I am taking part in the organised skydive on 8 Oct (was originally 3 Sept)and looking to raise as much as I can to make sure services like this forum can continue to help people.
    If anyone out there has a spare pound, my site is

http://www.justgiving.com/Mary-Doohan

I know times are tough out there so no problem if you can't spare the cash, just please send positive thoughts out for me on the day!!!!!
    Mary xxxx

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Mary, Nice to hear from you again, I am pleased all is going well with your family.

Enjoy the sky dive, you will find it exhilarating and as soon as you land you will want to do it again mark my words. I spent 15 years jumping out of planes and it is really something I missed when I had to stop.

My pound is on the way ? THANKS

Kindest regards ? vasbyte

David

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Mary

Well done you are very brave. The more money that can be raised for this blo**y disease the better. My pound also winging its way. Don't be petrified when you do it. You will be fine. Where in Ireland. I live in the North. Good luck

Love Jean xx

gina45
    Participant

Hi Mary, hope you are ok. Am sending lots of positive thoughts to you on doing your skydive,im sure you will love it.
    Take care
    Gina xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Mary,

You and Theresa are often in my thoughts and much more so over this week-end when we lost one of our own, Gordon,,, to this damned disease. Like Patrick we never had direct contact and received all his news from our dear friend, his wife Sarah.

Please raise a glass of the black stuff to your Dad on holiday and I hope you thoroughly enjoy your skydive experience… my daughter did one in New Zealand during her gap year and said it was one of the best and most enjoyable experiences of her life,,, the fear factor adding to the occasion.8-)

Best wishes and fondest regards,

Dai. 🙂

brocho
    Participant

Hi Mary lovely to hear from you How brave you are to do a sky-dive I cant even stand on some steps!! Good luck with it I bet your dad would be very proud of you Have a wonderful tile in Ireland and although wont be there physially he will be there in your hearts and memories so raise that glass for him love Bridget x

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Mary

glad to hear from you I hope you have a good time in Ireland I am sure you will weep a few tears on the way because it will bring back fond memorys
    GOODLUCK with the sky dive my daughter also did one in New Zealand she said it was the most terrifying then the most exciting thing she had ever done

Love Jo

maryandteresa
    Participant

Thanks for all your kind words folks! I'm off to Donegal Monday with Theresa and I think the numerous suggestions of raising a glass to dad are great! Bit weird thou as dad rarely drank, not much of an advertisement for a Paddy eh! Ha ha x

Elizellen
    Participant

I haven't logged in for a while, so only just read this thread.

How brave of you to go in for such a dramatic way of raising funds!! My contribution will be on its way soon

I hope you and Theresa have a great visit with the rest of the family.

Eliz
    XX
    X

maryandteresa
    Participant

Hi

Just to let folks know that our trip to dads family in Ireland was good, sad at times & upsetting to see the family but it felt right to be there. Mum did great, flying out alone and coming back with myself & Teresa. Still having up & down days which is to be expected but getting on with things as you do.

Hope everyone is staying positive and smiling when possible!

Will report back after the sky dive!!!!! Thanks for my sponsor money Jean xxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Mary and Theresa how lovely to hear from you. I am glad your holiday felt right and it must have been such a comfort for your mum that you were with her Both your parents must be very proud to have such lovely caring daughters, you are a credit to them Take care and please pass on my best wishes to your mum love Bridget xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Girls

Sorry for delay 🙁 but am pleased all went well with your trip to Ireland am sure it was a little boozy?? with a lot of laughter 😀

Love and Hugs

Tom xx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hi Folks (old and new)’ is closed to new replies.