High Temperature after SCT

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Belles
    Participant

Hi

My poor Mum is going through a really rough time, she is now on day 8 after the harvested cells were administered and her temperature is rising by the day. They have tested her for infection and thankfully the results were negative, but the temperature still continues to rise. Tonight it was 40.3 and she is visibly shaking and almost purple in appearance. The nurses have said this is quite normal! She needs platelets and they cannot give her these until the temp drops. They are giving her ice lolly pops and cold packs, but nothing seems to be working.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks

Belles

Helen
    Participant

Hi Belles
    High temp is quite common, I had temp of 40 off and on for 3 days, days 8-11, given ice and antibiotics, eventually settled. Seems to be part of the general horribleness of the whole thing, I hope it settles soon. I know how I felt and it can not have been easy for the people I love to have seen me like that. I felt quite tormented by it all.
    Helen

Belles
    Participant

Thank you so much Helen, I read your reply just before going to bed, which has enabled me to get a few hours of much needed sleep.

Mum's temp is just over 38 this morning, which is better but she is still shaking and sickly.

They have given her the platelets, so thinking these may help.

Thanks again.

Belles

brocho
    Participant

Hi Belles it must be awful seeing your mum suffer but at least you know its par for the course Hopefully it wont last long and then she will start to feel better Hang in there it will be worth it in the end when she gets a very long remission and you can both get back to normal life love to you both Bridget x

Helen
    Participant

Hi Belles and Bridget
    I can't remember what day I had platelets I was keeping a diary until day 8 then things went down hill for me, but today I overdid it( cut down tree branches and up ladder mending shed roof for my mum and dad) after having flu and pneumonia vac this morning. I know I should know better but I felt soooooo well this morning! Hey ho if you don't try you can't work out if you are improving.
    How are you today Bridget?
    Helen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘High Temperature after SCT’ is closed to new replies.