Holidays

This topic contains 38 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Gill 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Roz
    Participant

Hi Min
    So glad to hear your having or going on holiday
    Its great news, I'm glad your feeling a bit better too.
    I'll never be able to go on holiday again. I've got no-one to go with who knows how to care for me and my disablity.

Love and all the best to you
    Rozxx

tom
    Participant

Hi Roz

Sorry about your problem re Holiday's 🙁 is their no groups that you could join that help people with disability's to go on holiday,

Hope you can find a way as we all need a break from our own homes now and again

Love and Hugs ((())))

Tom xxxxx

Tina
    Participant

Hi All,

Just back from my two week hols in the Red Sea. Intended to scuba dive but learnt to windsurf instead, something I will be taking up in the UK from next March. I did get weepy as this was the first holiday I have had without Patrick and missed him so much. He would have been amused though as I can often get gung ho about sports and this time I broke my toe!Confirmed this morning.
    Tina X

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Tina

Well done on the windsurfing! I sail, not as physical as windsurfing or as wet!I am getting old. I get tearful when I return home from holiday, no Gordon to chatter to.

Take care Sarah x

tom
    Participant

Hi Tina
    Well done on that Windsurf, and always next time for the Scuba diving, am sure Patrick was Looking over you when you were Winsurfing and gung hoing over your new found hobby, take care of the toe and welcome home.

Hugs ((()))

Tom xxx

Roz
    Participant

Well done Tina,
    Bad luck about your toe though, hope your hobbling ok

Roz

Roz
    Participant

Hi Tom

There probably are places that take disabled on holidays, but not much of a holiday, they will be more than likley based in hotels full of disanled people.

It'll be along time getting along those lines because I'm finding day to day alone hard to bear at the mo.

All the best
    Love Rozxx

Debs
    Participant

Hi Tina,
    Glad to hear you had a lovely time, even if it was hard at times. But good on you for taking up a new sport…next time try not to break a toe hey?!
    See you soon
    Debs x

tom
    Participant

Aww bless and Hugs ((())) Roz, I dont knnow how you feel I can only offer a cyber hug and an ear to listen.

I haven't looked at Holidays for disabled people so to be fair not sure how they work.
    I can send you Cyber hugs and My prayers to help you through your difficult time ((())).

Take Care Roz
    Love and Hugs ((()))

Tom xxxx

Roz
    Participant

Thanks Tom

I think it's the time of year, dark nights and days this time last year hearing the bad news. My friends mum being in hospital and I'm stuck here unable to go and we are both thinking another funeral to go too, I know my mate is she says she is getting prepared. I'm just thinking Not Again it's this time of yr again. Just need to get used to the sound of silence and not asking him his thoughts about things thats happening. Even boiler broke down in middle of service today..My luck hey.

All best to you all out there onwards and upwards as you say
    Love to you
    Roz

Min
    Participant

Hi roz
    I can identify with much of what you say and whilst in the beginning I was not coping very well was give some tablets Duloxatine by my gp, they took a few weeks before I felt the benefit of them but they are certainly working wonderfully now. I got on my flight anticipating a bad time and it was really OK.
    I am in Dubai spending the days on my own whilst Tony is at work and of course I miss not having Peter to bounce conversations off, but I still chat to him no replies of course.
    But the tablets which I have to take for six months have made my life so much more bearable. There are no side effects other than the ability to get on with my life without breaking down frequently.
    I realize you disabilities compound your problems but help in the form of little pills my crutches I call them are to be recommended.
    Putting on a brave face for the world is so much easier, and the coping mechanism is now responding to the medication and I would definatly recommend you speak to your gp and get some help.
    Min
    PS the view from my bedroom window at Dubai marina

Min
    Participant

Hi Tina
    Glad you enjoyed the holiday, and very impressed with the windsurfing, good for you.
    Now your back home I expect its just a memory, but was it difficult returning home alone??
    That is the bit that bothers me, and just wondered how you coped.
    Love
    Min

tom
    Participant

Hi Roz

I know you are correct it will be (well it dunt help) this time of the year Dark mornings and dark nights 🙁 aint good and the thought of another bereavement isn't too good either 🙁 Min is correct the loved one has passed away but am sure is still listening to you talk 😀 cant answer back but am sure they listen 😀

The Pills am sure will help for a short time, And you have no need to be brave if the tears want to flow let them but most of all remember the Good Time long before MM and that will make the Dark nits brighter 😀
    Love and Hugs ((())) Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Hi Min

Hope you dont mind me using the same "Box" am saving me ink he he, sounds like you are having a great time and the view is beautiful (spelling?) great photo.

Love and Hugs (()) Tom xxx

Tina
    Participant

Hi Min,

I didn't find returning home anymore difficult than any other time I walk through the front door and Patrick is not there to talk to.

Just days before he died, Pat told me that he would never leave me, he said he would always be there whispering in my ear and watching over me. I take great comfort in this and speak to him all the time. He hated to see me upset and when I find myself crying, which is often, I look at his picture and hear him say "pull yourself together" which I do.
    We talked openly about how I would cope when he was gone and through these discussions he gave me the strength which I now draw on every day.
    I have only now, five months after his death, managed to stop continually replaying in my mind the last two days of his life and I feel a duty to Pat to continue with my life in a positive way and make him proud as painful as it is at the moment.

I am happy to hear you have found a way to help you through some of the pain. Enjoy your holiday.

Tina X

Min
    Participant

Thanks Tina,
    Peter died so suddently and unexpectedly there was no time for any final words as he and I imagined he would be comming home.
    He said before he went into hospital that he had no intention of leaving yet but it wasnt to be.
    That and having to agree to switch of the life support machine was what has made life so difficult.
    I was not prepared for the emotional roller coaster that followed and did not eat for 3 weeks. We were in the middle of having a new kitchen fitted when he died and I could not bear the workmen in for weeks afterwards but I am back on track, and coping reasonably well apart from the dark long evenings which I always hated anyway.
    Since I got here I have slept for England with 8 hours every night and several hours during the day by the pool it is heaven not to be as tired as I had become and I am fully refreshed.
    I plan to go see the dubai fountains tonight and looking forward to it
    Love Min

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Holidays’ is closed to new replies.