Hope to speak to someone about Michael

This topic contains 38 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Roz 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

Dear Roz

I am sorry I have not posted on your thread before but we have been away.

I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and Michael and hoping that he improves enough to come home. It must be hard not to have him at home but his medical team will only be advising what is best.

Love from Gill

Roz
    Participant

Thanks All
    Michaels nurse phoned again last night. She tells me I'm going in the right direction, trying to explain to Michael that when we speak to the consultant he will more than likely be refused to come home.
    Do you know? I know it is the right answer but when I'm with him and he tells me to get him home, I always question it!
    Michael doesn't blame me, I just casualy told him his sister did; cos she has a habit of causing trouble; and she is seeing him today so I needed to get in first.
    Andrea his nurse says I don't need this kind of stress so I'm not going today, his sisters can have their weekly visit (if that) This is to them:-P

Cheers everyone
    Roz>:-)

tom
    Participant

Hi Roz and Michael

Am so pleased to read your last post Roz cos one thing comes through the words is that Michael's Nurse is now in MORE contact with you and that alone tells me through your post that you are a lot happier and I see you are getting your sense of humor back 😛 and that did make me laugh 😀 .

Lots of best wishes to you both, and a big Tom's "Cyber Hug" for you Both WWwwwhhhhoooossshh there you go its now yours8-)

Love Tom xx

KWilson
    Participant

What a difficult time this is for you both – I can't say anything that will help, other than you are in my thoughts.

xxxxxxxx

Roz
    Participant

Thanks everyone

Tom your hugs are great. As you can see by the time I'm not doing alot of resting. I'm just thinking about another long day ahead, where I may or may not get some anawers.
    My carer starts at 7.30am and I leave at 9am but still I cannot sleep. Deep inside I know everyone is right but convincing Michael will be hard. It's going to be a hard emotional day. [b]Yes I'm scared![/b]

keep you up to date
    Luv to you all
    Roz:-/

tom
    Participant

Hi Roz

Pleased you like the "Hugs" 🙂

As long as you get a bit of rest and spend some time for yourself you will be fine, I hope your Day goes Ok 😎

Cyber Hug" here

Love Tom xxx

Roz
    Participant

Hi All

Here is the up to date….[b]Nothing we don't all ready know[/b]:-S

[b]Another consultant did the rounds so still got to talk to Michael's.
    No way can he come home because if he did he would be back in like a shot 10 times worse where he may not survive![/b]:'-(

We also got told his arm is the main source of infections. Then he gets others so it's going in his blood stream.:-(

Michael, myself his consultant and his nurse have got to meet up very soon and decide how they can treat his myeloma and his arm!! So folks nothing changes for us only Michael gets worse.:-( :'-(
    Cheers All
    Roz

brocho
    Participant

Dear Roz how strong you are and Michael too , hang in there and keep fighting it . If it were me I would be insisting on that meeting today , otherwise you wont see anyone but registrars till Monday .But at least Michael is in the best place to get treatment for the infections. Never give up Roz love Bridget x

Roz
    Participant

Thanks Bridget

Everyone keeps telling me I'm strong but I'm loosing it day by day. I spent most of yesterday crying.

Anyway see what happens, he's gone back to haematology department now.

Thanks
    Roz

brocho
    Participant

Hi Roz you are a strong person Roz , you must be to have got through it all so far !!!!Tears dont mean you are weak they are a good way of relieving stress so please dont give yourself a hard time We all want to help and words are our only way of doing that unfortunately but there are a lot of us on here that really care about you and Michael and encouraging you to carry on is our way of showing it love Bridget x

shirley
    Participant

Hi Roz,i agree with what Bridget say's,you are a strong person,and you are allowed to cry,it probably done you good too,. You and Micheal must be so frustrated with everything thats going on,i know i would be,but as always stay strong and take care you, love Shirls x x x

Roz
    Participant

Thank you

It's wine tonight. Darn't go to bed or rest even though another full day tomorrow. My mind is working overtime. So maybe a drink of wine will relax me.

I'll see him tomorrow and see how he his and hope and pray his ramblings have stopped.

Can I ask any of you, when your in hospital having treatment have you ever had the vicar, or parson or what ever visit you? I'll explain when I've had some answers.

Thanks again
    Love Roz xx

meeuu
    Participant

My dear Roz,
    Your posts have shown us all how good and strong a human being that you are. Your troubles are shared by us all and I wish I could take some of the pain from you. I am not a particularly religious type. I just want to do some good during my time on this Earth, and not offend or hurt anyone else. I can see no harm in you saying a prayer to Whoever you might believe in. Furthermore, if you feel that a few words from a Parson, Priest or someone in that "Line of Work", then do so.
    What harm can come of it?
    We are here for you, even if only in spirit.
    Love,
    John

Gill
    Participant

Hi Roz

I hope Michael is a little better. Stephen didn't have a vicar or anyone visit but he has only been in for SCT and was in isolation. It is probably common practice for the clergy to visit the open wards.

Love from Gill xx

Nettie
    Participant

Hi Roz,
    Whenever I have been in hospital a Priest has always popped in to see me for a chat. I am Catholic, although not a practicing one, and they never come in to preach just to have a chat and ask if there is anything that they can do to make my stay in hospital more comfortable, in other words nothing too heavily religious!!
    Thinking of you and Michael and sending love and best wishes to you both. Love Nettie xx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Hope to speak to someone about Michael’ is closed to new replies.