In Remission !

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  mhnevill 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

keithmt
    Participant

I saw my original haematology consultant today for the first time since I started my SCT process at the end of March and he told me that I’m in full remission. Wow, that came out of the blue as I hadn’t expected to be told about my cancer state until my biopsy next month. However, my last blood test showed zero trace of paraproteins so job done!

Fingers crossed my remission holds but in the meantime I’m really happy with the news.

Keith

meganjane
    Participant

That is brilliant news Keith, long may it continue 🙂

Megan

Sal
    Participant

Great news! Enjoy the feeling of relief – and surprise and, as Megan says, long may it continue.

Sarah

Carolsymons
    Participant

Well done Keith! I am in stringent complete remission too after my transplant in January….paraprotein undetectable, zero cells in biopsy and normal light chain ratio. But….like you it is still fingers crossed that I stay in remission, unlike after the CDT when my numbers started rising after 3 weeks! Guess the melphalan is a tad stronger than the CDT!

Carol

rebeccaR
    Participant

Hi Keith, Great news hope you are planning lots of celebrating. Take care,

Rebecca

Vicki
    Participant

Well done Keith whata great result. You must feel over the moon!

Vicki and Colin x

tallulah55
    Participant

That is brilliant news, cause to celebrate!

Nicki

Perkymite
    Participant

Well done Keith, I was told at my last appointment, 3 weeks ago now, that I was in “excellent remission” so I know how you feel, “Good init”. My next appointment is 27th June so keeping my fingers crossed that it is supported by the latest blood test.

kindest regards – vasbyte

David

keithmt
    Participant

Good luck with your next blood test David, let us know how you get on. My next test is July 23rd.

All the best,

Keith

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Keith,

So pleased to hear your great news. Long may your remission last.

Best wishes.

Mavis

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘In Remission !’ is closed to new replies.