Infection

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  BADGER 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

Stephen has been admitted to our local hospital with an infection in his Hickman line. Fingers crossed everybody please that they get it under control quickly. They are hoping to let him out in 24 hours.

One of the side effects from this is they won't use the line for blood or drugs for fear of spreading the infection round his body, so the poor man has had to have another canular in the crook of his arm this time.

Love from Gill xx

lorrainey
    Participant

Aww Gill so sorry to hear this, I hope they get it under control very quickly. I have everything crossed for a quick recovery for Stephen and hope
    he's home tomorrow. Take care of yourself too Gill and keep us posted.

love n hugs Lorraine xxxx

Min
    Participant

Im sorry to hear of Stephens infection. I sincerely hope he gets over it quickly, and is back home with your soon.
    How is he otherwise Gill? is he recovering from his SCT? I remember you saying he was finding the 2nd one a struggle.
    Peter will be going in soon for his 2nd one and wondered how long it may be. I believe the recovery time the 2nd time is a little longer. HEY HO.
    Best wishes to him
    Min

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Gill

fingers and toes crossed 🙂

best wishes sarah

peggy
    Participant

Hi Gill,

My thoughts are with you and Stephen

Best wishes ,
    Peggy

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Gill

Like everyone else i am hoping and praying the infection is now under control.

Best wishes to you and Stephen.

Mav is

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Gill.

I had a week in hospital the week before last with a high temperature – they took 2 lots of blood culture (making 6 in all) but the high dose general penicillin anti-biotics they gave me sorted the problem before anything showed on the cultures. (A Doctor told me that there is a 90/95% failure-to-show in all blood cultures and that my case is the usual one).

I hope the same works out for Stephen and that he is home soon and back on the recovery track.

Best wishes.:-)

Dai.

brocho
    Participant

Hi Gill I dont know how I missed your post till today but I do hope they have got Stephens infection under control now. Hopefully he will be back home very soon Take care of yourself too Gill love Bridget x

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Gill

Sorry to hear about stephens infection lets hope they can get it under control soon. I had quite a few canulas in the crook of my arm as they find it hard to get a vien so I know just how uncomfortable it can be fingers crossed this is a temporary blip

Love Jo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Infection’ is closed to new replies.